We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water too cold to snorkel in March?

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
223 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Water too cold to snorkel in March?

Okay, sorry for the multiple posts; just trying to finalize tours and activities before leaving on the 20th. One of the recommended snorkeling tours, La Princessa, (thanks, forum friends!) doesn't even book snorkeling tours until April. Should I just blow off snorkeling and rent wave runners to go out to the Arch instead? I HATE cold water.....A 3 hour sail would be nice, but the 18 year olds are saying "boring", so that's out.

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water too cold to snorkel in March?

IMHO.......brrrrrrrrr, I didn't even bring my fins this time. I also hate cold water, including cold pool water. I think you can figure if an excursion boat doesn't go out until APRIL it's cold..........I froze last year also in Feb and I snorkeled..............BUT the weather is the best, not muggy or buggy............Have a great trip, Dominic (car rental said it was 88 and not a cloud in the sky), get your Baja on and you'll be back.............

orange county, calif
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Water too cold to snorkel in March?

kaceevh

arrived yesterday and went in the ocean late in the afternoon, a bit chilly but snorkleing during the day and a beer or two in you (lol) shouldn't be too bad.

kj

Escondido...
Level Contributor
848 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water too cold to snorkel in March?

We snorkeled Playa El Bledito, Bahia Chileno & Bahia Santa Maria last month; water was in the high 60's/low 70's...........is that too cold? Have posted a video on these three beaches.

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
223 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water too cold to snorkel in March?

Thanks to all who replied - this is a great forum for first timers to get good info before heading to Cabo. I think we'll go for the snorkeling!

Royal Oak Michigan
Level Contributor
96 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water too cold to snorkel in March?

We snorkeled in February last year. The water was cold at first, but you get used to it.

California
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Water too cold to snorkel in March?

Just got back from Cabo on Sunday. The water was pretty chilly while we were there. Our friend went out on a waverunner and he said it got cold.

We had a great time...it was my first time and I loved Cabo. The temp was high 80's low 90's.

We got there on the 10th and had a few days before the spring breakers started coming in, but they weren't too bad. We stayed at Medano Beach area, walking distance to the Office and Mango Deck.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
672 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water too cold to snorkel in March?

Snorkeled at Chileno Bay with the Buccaneer Queen at the end of February - water was 72 degrees. Everyone snorkeled for the whole time with no problem. A little chilly at first, but I was used to it within a few seconds, and by the end of the snorkel, totally warm - kind of like a lake in the summertime.

Yesterday we snorkeled in Mazatlan, just across the Sea of Cortez from Cabo. Water was 77 degrees and very warm, with a few thermoclines (streams of cooler water) that were about 75 degrees. Totally warm, everyone is enjoying watersports, swimming, and snorkeling. I imagine the water is similarly nice in Cabo right now, since they're almost on the same latitude.

8. Re: Water too cold to snorkel in March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 17:19