We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cold Remedy

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Topic
Cold Remedy

Hello All................. Our group leaves in 12 days for Cabo and I woke up this morning with a COLD!!!! Anyone have any sure-fire home remedies they can recommend (of course, other than Sun & Fun in Cabo!)............... Thanx!..... Janis

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cold Remedy

Janis,

I really like Zycam products. They have swabs for the nose, rinses for the throat etc. and all seem to work really well. EmergenC is great. It tastes good and you want to start taking it now even if you didn't have a cold to give your system a boost before getting on the germ infested plane. Airborne is great too.

Hope you kick it soon! Glad you aren't leaving today. I leave in 13 days! YEAH!

Ohio
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cold Remedy

Hey Tooley....... I've been downing the Airbornes for a while and they're not working...... I'll try your suggestion.... maybe that and a shot of Moonshine!!!

I think my brother (ManU56) and I are meeting up with you on the 14th..... by then hopefully germ free and ready to Cabo!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cold Remedy

Airborne doesnt work well for me either. I like Zicam...it has always shortened the length and weakened the effect of the cold. Good Luck. You should shake it within the 12 days..just don't breathe on anybody else going so they pick it up too.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cold Remedy

Oh, thats your brother. Great, I get to meet you! It is the 15th at 4pm, not the 14th, that the first group is meeting at Rips. Does that work for you two?

Like attilla said Zycam seems to shorten the cold---I like that! :-)

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,056 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cold Remedy

Vote 3 for Zycam. And drink tons of orange juice. I take Zycam at the first hint of a cold and haven't had a bad one in several years. (Knock on wood.)

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cold Remedy

Lady,

jack daniels and honey. it wont necessarily make your cold go away, but you wont care!:) hope you feel better very soon. Buena Suerte.......... jim

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cold Remedy

jim, jim, jim!!!!

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cold Remedy

Lady,

The Zycam(as Tooleysaid) is great stuff, but you have to start using it when you get the first hint of a cold. You know the nose starts to burn or you find yourself clearing your throat a lot. Jump on the stuff right away and it will really shorten the agony.

So if its too late, go with the Merchants advise. We must be brave now and finish the prescription.

Luck to ya,

F4B

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cold Remedy

Ok scientists have a cure but its not for me. Basically its a chemically laden hunk of cotton shoved up your nose with a battery attached. Who is the idiot that discovered that, I don't care to know. Warm brandy(even with honey), lots of vitamin c (note: tea purges vitamin c from your system so avoid), warm lemonade with honey. Old adage feed a cold and starve a fever. Plenty fluids. There are many fruits other than oranges and lemons that are higher in vitamin c often stocked in supermarkets now.

Ohio
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cold Remedy

Thanks to all for the remedies! I just picked up the Zicam and after work I think I'll add YM's cure to the mix!!!! Might as well have a smile on my face if I'm sick...........

Tooley.... Yep I was a day off....... See ya on the 15th!