We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trailer Park

New Jersey
Level Contributor
970 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Trailer Park

On the way out of CSL going toward SJD, I noticed a sign that said Trailer Park. I believe the place was fronted by a white fence or wall. We didn't get to go back to check it out. Can anyone tell me about this place, was it a restaurant? I had been looking for a trailer park resturant that my BIL had gone to, and I am sure it was not La Golondrina (sp). He really had enjoyed it, but couldn't give me directions.

Thanks!

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trailer Park

A Canadian couple I met last year will be taking over the restaurant. They both have experience in the dining business and will making great improvements in both the building and the food. We were not impressed when we ate there, nor with the decor in the past. They plan to have dining around the pool, run specials and a general overall of service but plan to keep the prices reasonable. I really hope they are successful, they're a great couple.I don't know if the restaurant is closed yet or not. If you want more info I'll write to them.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,571 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trailer Park

Cutie-is it the El Faro Viejo trailer park? That is the one that used to be so highly recommended.

Humble, Texas
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trailer Park

I think El Faro Viejo is the one we have been to that is way off the main drag of Cabo in a residential area. We have been 2-3 time and have trouble finding it each time. We thought it was a bit over-rated.

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trailer Park

I wasn't familiar with them until we went in 2006 to the one out on the highway frontage road past the light by the bull ring. They were advertising a 12 oz flank steak for $12 so we tried it. It was ok, not wonderful. ..........I wrote to my friends to see how much I should pass along about their plans. I don't want to cross any lines as she told me about their plan, so we'll wait and see for a response. I know there were 2 Trailer Parks but don't know if this one has another name or not, I just know where it is........Will keep anyone interested up to date.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,571 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trailer Park

I've not made it to either in all these years-just not into a treck for dinner I guess. Too lazy, and it's too easy to walk to town ;-) I hope they have a huge success though! That's great.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trailer Park

The last time we stayed at the Melia San Lucas (now ME) there was a trailer park restaurant just off the grounds as you walked into town. It was recommended but we did not go there. It is not a far walk from the downtown area.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,837 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trailer Park

2Shorties,

The Trailer Park by the ME is La Golondorina...beautiful setting under the trees...great food.

socal
Level Contributor
955 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trailer Park

Naps -- the one you are talking about is an actual trailer park -- and they have a small restaurant next to their "community pool" ---- the one we like is the other you mentioned and its in town on a side street, much better atmoshphere outdoors under the trees ---

9. Re: Trailer Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 13:18