We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voucher Restaurant advice -Hits/Misses

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Voucher Restaurant advice -Hits/Misses

Okay, the list for voucher restaurants is changing very rapidly and now that I'm ready to buy my list has dwindled considerably.

Of these, which should I hit and which to miss?- Thanks!

Casa Rafeal

El Comal

Jazmin

La Golondrina

Mexico Mystic

Mi Casa, Mi Casa de Mariscos, Peacock's- which one?

Senor sweets

The Shrimp Factory

Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Voucher Restaurant advice -Hits/Misses

I think you will really like La Golondrina

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Voucher Restaurant advice -Hits/Misses

We really liked Mexico Mystic.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Voucher Restaurant advice -Hits/Misses

Casa Rafael has a great atmosphere and service. I loved my meal but my wife didn't care for hers. The steak marinate wasn't to her liking I thought it was fine. We loved Jazmines for breakfast and it's moderate to low priced for dinner. It's a good solid restaurant thats not touristy. El Comal was very good and would recommend getting vouchers there also. Shrimp Factory is what it is, good but not a stand out. Go to it if you love shrimp. If you get vouchers for Mi Casa I think you can use them for Peacocks also. When I got them they were both on the vouchers.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Voucher Restaurant advice -Hits/Misses

Hi thanks for all input. what about Mi Casa, MC Marisco's, Peacock's which one or all they all good? Thanks!

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Voucher Restaurant advice -Hits/Misses

Also, after reading a few recent bad reviews, should I forget Pancho's? Thanks again!

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Voucher Restaurant advice -Hits/Misses

I'd leave the Shrimp factory right where it is, on the bottom, not impressive, just ok...........Had a great lobster at Marisco's and Courtney Love and company ate at Casa Raphael 2-3 days before us in Feb. We thought it was outstanding. Everybody has different tastes. They make great cosmos there also.............

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Voucher Restaurant advice -Hits/Misses

Should I take Shrimp Factory off the list then?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Voucher Restaurant advice -Hits/Misses

tedandlisa90...YOU might like Shrimp Factory. We had a big group that went there last year (Against my wishes) and it was mixed reviews in our group as to who liked it and who did not. IMO, I think it's too touristy and the better restaurants are up from the main street. Plus, they weren't very friendly and more pricey but ONCE again, a few folks in our group LOVED it. I think I'd rather try it with the vouchers - that way if you don't like it, you at least saved 35% and if you do like it, you'll be glad you tried it and safed 35%. ;)

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,865 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Voucher Restaurant advice -Hits/Misses

My husband and I went into the Shrimp Factory a couple years ago, they brought us menus, got our drink orders. We drank our drinks and no one ever came back to take our order....there was only about 6 total people in there. We just left our money on the table (no tip) and left. Havent been back and don't intend to. Plenty of other great places to eat with good service

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Voucher Restaurant advice -Hits/Misses

Thanks for the helpful advice!