We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicks that want to fish

Port Angeles, WA
Level Contributor
173 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Chicks that want to fish

Myself and another SWF will be in Cabo Sept 15-22. We would like to go out on a fishing boat, but my boyfriend is telling me its not safe to go without him, like the captain/deck hands will try to make the moves on us or something. I'm not worried about that and what he doesn't know won't hurt him.. but does anyone have any suggestions on how/where to get a good deal for a half day fishing trip? Last year we had met a couple at our pool who we were going to share a trip with, but we ran out of days...

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,044 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chicks that want to fish

I've fished w/out my husband plenty of times. The crews on the fishing charters are very professional. Check with Pisces and RedRum and Cabo Magic and all of the other well-known outfits and let them know you want to share a boat... email them, and they'll set you up. Much better to share a full-day trip with another couple (to cut costs) than to do a half-day trip. I'm not even sure who still offers a half-day...?

Or take a panga out -- keep in mind that a lot of them do not have bathrooms, so make sure you ask if that's important to you. Maybe you'll have more luck finding a 1/2 day of fishing on a panga.

I'll let the 'fishing experts' chime in on that stuff, but I definitely wanted you to know that as a "fisherwomen" I have never experienced anything but professional behavior by the capts/crew.

Port Angeles, WA
Level Contributor
173 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chicks that want to fish

Thanks for the great info, that's exactly what I thought about the professionalism of the crew! Stupid boyfriend anyway. lol I'll try out the places you mentioned. Awesome, I'm getting excited... only 50 days to go!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chicks that want to fish

I wouldn't be the least bit worried about two young ladies on a boat with a reputable company.

I too agree with Mishowl on the share deal for half day vs full day.

The extra three hours of fishing is worth it, and you are still back by 2:30pm leaving you plenty of time to get back to the pool and brag about your catch.

I know that Yachtmerchant has talked in the past about a "Share Board" that RedRum has. The will keep your name and date requested on the board and try to partner you up with someone.

Good luck

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chicks that want to fish

Sorry meant to say I agree with dmwalker....

Port Angeles, WA
Level Contributor
173 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chicks that want to fish

Thanks Duff14. I will check out that share board you mentioned. Great info.

Ca
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chicks that want to fish

Mishowl,

I have fished Cabo since the early 80's, now grant it none of the captains would want to make a move on me. On a serious note I have never heard of any women having an issue with the captains or mates. I don't think any of these owners would put up with that for one minute.

Go fishing with your girlfirend and have a great time.

Fish-in-Cabo

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Chicks that want to fish

Mish,

i agree with Dm and Duff.. send an email to luis at RedRum and have him get the ball rolling for you on the share board. they can also arrange a pnaga if you prefe. go have a wonderfultime. no worries with the captains, or at least none that ive ever seen and there could be no doubt fish-in-cabo will not be on the list of any captains dream date:) Buena Suerte......... jim

Ca
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Chicks that want to fish

YM,

I cannot believe your comment, you never have issues drinking at RIPS with me for several hours at a time.

Fish

Port Angeles, WA
Level Contributor
173 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chicks that want to fish

I can hardly wait, we're going to have a great time. We'll do a full-day trip as suggested above. Some people we met last year brought their catch (tuna) back to the hotel and the chef prepared it in several different ways for them..and then kept the remainder I believe... they shared with us out by the pool and it was fabulous. It doesn't get much fresher than that! I'm not really concerned about eating or bringing home our catch... mostly just want the experience and to take lots of pictures. Even if we don't catch anything, I think it will be lots of fun.

Port Angeles, WA
Level Contributor
173 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chicks that want to fish

I want to drink at RIPS for several hours at a time too! Wait, I have done that...