We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Report for short Trip

Texas
Level Contributor
409 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Report for short Trip

The stay in Los Cabos was wonderful after an ominous beginning. Some things can start wrong and continue that way, but thankfully not the case for the wife and I. Our flight was delayed almost 5 hours Sunday. We were told the plane was struck by lightning the day before coming back from SJD. We arrived at what I believe is terminal 3 and there were around 30 to 40 timeshare hawks there. We knew to not give “eye contact” and go but was so crowded and tough to get through. There was a pretty good wait in the shuttle for some to make it out. I had expected to be in room by maybe 1pm, but it turned out to be 6pm before we settled and started looking for dinner. We had lost a whole afternoon.

The only outing from hotel planned was to take hotel shuttle from Presidente Intercontinental in San Jose to CSL to meet Geoman and Lak242 at Rips Bar Monday at 4pm. The only shuttle available that was close to the timeframe left San Jose at 4pm. I figured to be an hour late. What a ride! No need to go to Disneyworld to get a thrill. He dropped us off at Puerto Paraiso Mall at 4:20. The ride back after dark was a repeat.

Enjoyed the meeting and have picture of us with review of the Presidente in San Jose Hotel section.

Later on the marina stopped at Soloman’s to eat dinner and people watch. Wife had breaded shrimp and I had combo of breaded, coconut, and bacon wrapped shrimp. The meals were just fabulous. There was a unique dipping sauce for the coconut shrimp that was excellent. I had to remove the bacon since it was not cooked, but shrimp great with nice cocktail sauce. The meal was over $60 US with no alcohol but well worth it. The timeshare person came now which almost ruined the meal. We were left with no time relax after meal and had to move on. There are too many great places to eat and probably will not return just to avoid the sales pitch.

After walking most of the shopping area for couple of hours stopped at Senor Sweets and shared a wonderful Gelato banana split with coffee. It was a nice relaxing stop. We still had few minutes before 9:00 shuttle back and sat outside the back of the Mall on the marina and watched a pair of techno/mime entertainers. Was fun watching them interact with everyone, especially with the children. I have a picture of them also in hotel review.

The rest of the stay was an all too short a time in sun and sand. This was just one more great relaxing trip with great memories.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Report for short Trip

walkman,

thanks for the great report. glad you had a great time. see you in Oct. Buena Suerte.......... jim

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Report for short Trip

Thanks for the report. It was too bad the timeshare people are so aggressive to catch you right after you finished your nice meal. What are they just waiting in the wings and watching your every move to make a swoop? It sounds like you still had a very nice trip regardless. :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
981 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Report for short Trip

We ate at Solomons and Baja Cantina ( next door). Never were approached by a timeshare person. I wonder which is the norm?

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Report for short Trip

Solomons does have 2 women that actually wear the Solomons tee shirts that seem like they are employees but actually time share reps for Cabo Villas. Have spoke to both of them many , many times and once they know you are not interested, they will leave you alone. A little misleading though as they will approach your table to ask how everything is and then start their sales pitch.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,214 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Report for short Trip

Yep, one of them always comes over to our table, too (guess we haven't perfected the KatD look that says 'leave me alone, I'm a local'). But we just said that we weren't interested in hearing about it but thanks anyway and she went away. I really, really love their food. Not sure I could give up eating there.

We are really looking forward to meeting you in Oct. Also, looking forward to your review and the photos.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,094 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Report for short Trip

Thanks for the report, Walkman. I love reading trip reports. And I looked up your photos - thanks for posting. I'm assuming that's geoman in the Yankee shirt, but I'm curious who everyone else is.

Texas
Level Contributor
409 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Report for short Trip

Like I said, the timeshare thing "almost" ruined the meal and we may eat there again. This was only 10 minutes or so of the whole trip and extremely minor overall. I respect people that work for a living and realize I am the visitor and Cabo is their home. It was just that I was not mentally prepared and the relaxing meal was suddenly over. The young lady was nice and I was nice to her but again not prepared. The food and service were wonderful.

In the picture left to right: Mrs Geoman, Mr Geoman, Walkman, Mrs Lak242, and Mr Lak242. It was a great pleasure meeting these two couples. TA'ers are really great. Looking forward to meeting more and fishing in October. Hard to beat the meeting place also where so many in Cabo mode or Cabo attitude.

WM

Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
3,244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Report for short Trip

Walkman, it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife and thanks for the picture at Rips, I just opened your e-mail this morning. Looking forward to tip back a few with you in October.

Massapequa, NY
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Report for short Trip

Thanks for the report and photos Walkman. Rips is a great place to meet TA's. Bob

10. Re: Report for short Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 07:18