We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport update

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Passport update

Hi just wanted to post this info to give hope to anyone that is still waiting.

We got our passports last Thursday and that was exactly 10 weeks and 3 days since we applied.

We applied for just standard delievery. They were delivered by UPS but were in US postal envelopes. Also, contrary to others posts they did not require any signature and were just left at our front door! So be careful if your waiting. Luckily, as I stated in a previous post I had been watching out for ours like a hawk. But all is well and all the original BCs were returned as well.

I think that it helped that I fibbed on my application trip date, and bumped it up by two weeks just in case. Also, we have a regional pasport office in LA. So that may have helped as well. From what I understand every passport goes to the main headquarters in Charleston and gets processed from there. Ours left exactly one week from the regional office and remained until I made a phone call last week and said I would need ours no later than Aug 3. The fellow I spoke to immediately put a comment on our Locator # to the urgency . That was exactly one week prior to recieving! :) it seems as though the passport agency is doing their best to meet everyone's demands. Just hang in there, check up consistently and as soon as you're starting to get a little concerned speak to someone who will make a notation on the apps and remind them of your travel date give them a new one if you need to, I'm sure they'll try to get them to you asap!

Have passports, will travel !!! : )

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport update

Lisa, glad you have your passports in hand now and you don't have to worry about renewing them for a long time now.....

I recently read an article in the Wall Street Journal that the US Passport Agencies are not caught up with 'the new passport' process and everyone can expect their passports to arrive in the 'normal' timely order that they are estimated.

I say good thing because the temporary lift of 'no passports needed' ends in September.

2. Re: Passport update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 19:17