We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Cabo-Help!! Need advice!!

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cadott, WI, USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
First time in Cabo-Help!! Need advice!!

Need to know some other fun things to do in Cabo besides sunset cruise and deep sea fishing! What attractions would make this a trip to remember (besides just going to Cabo!!)? What things would previous Cabo vacationers say is the "must do" adventure/thing to do/see?

We have never traveled out of USA (in fact, very little travel except to neighboring States) so need some advice on things to look for/watch out for. Your input will be greatly appreciated!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Cabo-Help!! Need advice!!

wel,

what about an ATV tour of the desert or beach, rent jet skis, go parasailing, take a glass bottom boat tour of lands end and play on Lovers Beach, do the zipline, take a side trip to Todos Santos and see the infamous Hotel California, theres hiking and snorkeling/diving and ultralight flights. lots to do in Los Cabos. heres a few resources for you to explore. Buena Suerte........ jim

cabosource.com

caboexpo.com

come2cabo.com

loscabosguide.com

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Cabo-Help!! Need advice!!

I think everyone should walk into CaboWabo have a drink, just so they can say been thier done that. After the one drink go over to the Gigging Marlin and watch the show, if your into adult humor you will enjoy it. Go to El Squid Roe and check it out. Ok now you have hit the trendy spots. The next night go to Rips and people watch, great place to have a few cold ones.

Tak a day and walk around the marina and enjoy the locals and all thier wares. ITs fun to dicker with them, just be careful they do this every day and you don't. Don't be afreaid to say no and walk away.

The parasailing is a must.

I'm not sure what resort your staying at, but there will be lots of people in the lobby with lots of adventures for you to do. Check them all out and don't be afraid to haggle on the price.

The one thing that we really enjoyed was a horse ride on the beach at sunset.

Cadott, WI, USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Cabo-Help!! Need advice!!

thanks for all the advice - how far in advance should I book some of the adventures, ie parasailing, horseback riding, sunset tours, etc.?

PS - are there standard electrical outlets (compatible with USA) or should I bring an adapter like you have to for Europe?

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,623 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Cabo-Help!! Need advice!!

Weluv,

If you luv water, you will luv water and party on Medano beach. Great people watching, fun happy hours, lots of crazy stuff going on, food can be good. There is a bunch of bars that serve food in a row and you can walk from one to the next or just plant in the sand and take it all in. It's way more fun than standing by the dam in Cornell staring at that big iron thing. ;)

F4B

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Cabo-Help!! Need advice!!

Electical outlets are just the same as at home. No need for adapters.

Ohio
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Cabo-Help!! Need advice!!

And you can't leave Cabo without having the BEST tacos ever from GORDO LELEs!

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in Cabo-Help!! Need advice!!

Most of the water sports you can book the day you want to do it right in your resort. To be safe I always make my reservations the first day I arrive, to be sure to get the times and days I wan't.

I would recommend booking your fishing trip before you even leave for Cabo, to make sure you get what you want.

Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: First time in Cabo-Help!! Need advice!!

Hello weluvh2o!

You are going to luv Cabo!! We are on our way in 35 Days and 12 Hours!!!

If you like to venture a bit to the wild side - then you have to try the Baja Racer's from Wide Open. They are a bit pricey but well worth it! My husband (tjride) drove and I paid to ride along and loved every minute!! It was so wild and fun going out on that track and just letting loose!

A horseback ride along the ocean is a must in my book for every trip! Last time we road along the Sea of Cortez - it started in the desert and then came out and along the water.

This year we are going to check out the glass blowing factory - I can't wait to see the artisians at work.

And it wouldn't be a trip to Cabo without a boat ride out to the arch!

Have fun!

Kim

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time in Cabo-Help!! Need advice!!

Visit San Jose Del Cabo on a Sat. and hang around for the evening festivities in the center of town. San Jose is great to browse and shop for art and jewelry. I prefer the dining in San Jose to Cabo. Make reservations for El Chilar.

Ca
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First time in Cabo-Help!! Need advice!!

wel,

Plan a trip to Todas Santos for the day, nice hour drive along the cost, lot of art to see and a little differant from Cabo.

Fish