We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 9/22-9/29 Tesoro continued

petaluma
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip report 9/22-9/29 Tesoro continued

We awake again early no boats go out today.........this am we go for breakfast poolside overlooking the gorgeous marina the warm air and glooming cloud cover. After a nice breakfast of fresh fruits and the tradional mexican fare (eggs, refried beans, tortillas) some coffee and a cup of the best pineapple juice..we are off for a morning stroll....a bit off the town Minerva's for a panga referal...and mingling at the marketplace....a early cocktail and back to the pool for a bit....its horribly humid but from the pool you dont notice much.......Gabby worlds best pool bartender arrives and starts in on the breakfast banana colada...wow those are delicious...a few hrs basking in the sun....enjoying again the quiet and cocktails....a nice afternoon nap in the hammock....and off to a light dinner downstairs ...tonight just a glass of wine with a nice caesar salad and some more of that fabulous tortilla soup......a nightcap and off to bed early ...fishing the next morning......its early a bit cool but the water is nice and calm.....we head out for dorado in a panga with our new friend Jose the captain....like some have you my have heard before ...we slaughter them.....we hooked up to so many i cant tell you but we did take 9 dorado....fortunately and unfortunately we donated a striped marlin to a good cause.......hooked up to a 250 lb blue marlin a wahoo and saw a few dolphin.......only a few hrs out ...some good time in the sun and a boatload of fish...........back at the hotel we clean up pack the fish and call room service for some lunch........after some great food and a bit of a rest we head poolside for a while...hang with our newfound friends and welcome a whole new group..........this time its the AFL team (australian football league) this group would prove to be very interesting and exciting....a group of 18 to 23 yr old men who drink like fish and party like animals.....tonight is dinner for a group of 10 downstairs.....our friends arent having the same luck with service and food...so we invite them to dinner downstairs for the whole group....8 o'clock is our reservation i made direct with Gregorio my favorite waiter...I mentioned the group wasnt sold yet on the Tesoro....so he is off to prove them wrong.....about 7 we all meet downstairs at the oval office bar have a few drinks and some fun chatting it up with the aussie's as we now called them....soon enough Gregorio calls for us we are seated and immediately the fun begins ...he quickly reads off the menu for those who have forgotten their glasses or just had too many at the pool...lol...everyone enjoys lovely appetizers and dinners ranging from the mahi mahi to the fajitas or even a few bit at the steak and lobster...as dinner comes to a close we hear the birthday song ...this was funny gregorio and staff decided to throw me a birthday party just a funny thanks for bringing my friends and allowing the staff to prove they are as good as Mike and I think they are....they brought me a cake and no it wasnt really my birthday and then a double show of the mexican coffee so everyone could enjoy....a nice desert a few good byes and we went our own ways.......To be continued

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
714 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 9/22-9/29 Tesoro continued

OK Ok this teasing has to quit,, just kidding...

We love the detail you put into your report. Only problem is that it sure makes us wanna be there right NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We still have 8 days and 10 hrs till we are there. Can't wait to hear more.

Tom and Kim..............

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,329 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report 9/22-9/29 Tesoro continued

Well, you probably couldn't have hooked up with a better bunch than the boys from OZ! Sounds like you are having a great trip!

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report 9/22-9/29 Tesoro continued

Great report, sounds like a blast!

4. Re: Trip report 9/22-9/29 Tesoro continued

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 19:17