We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hola from Cabo

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hola from Cabo

Having a great time!

The TA dinner was so fun and everyone is so nice. So good to finally put faces with names. There were 30 or more of us. Really good turn out. Wanted to get a picture of everyone together but it isn't easy to do so between all the photos I am sure you will get to see most everyone. The food was wonderful. Jim did such a good job getting it all together! Kudos to Jim!

Weather today is warm but since yesterday you can feel it is getting a little cooler in the AM and PM.

Today we are going out to the colonies with Annie and Warren. That should be fun. Much thanks to those at the dinner that made donations to help out!! That was unexpected and very appreciated!

One bummer story--My Uncle is here with us and hardly ever gets to go on vacation. Our first night here he was just walking around(around 11PM) and not bothering anyone, not drunk, no drugs on him and the cops stopped him(for NO reason), put him up against the wall, frisked him, and took $$! He is 60! He wouldn't hurt a flea.. I asked around and the cops are able to stop anyone anytime to ck. for drugs but if you don't have any then they should let you go. Just makes me sad! Talking to lots of people to ask them the best thing to do in that situation...getting a few different answers. Hope to have a clear answer when we return...Anyway, just be very aware when here.

Sorry to end on that note but I feel like we should be informed.

Will try and ck. back in again but don't have lots of time.

Saturday will be here before you know it!

Lyndi

Massapequa, NY
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hola from Cabo

I'm sorry to hear that Lyndi I hope your Uncle is alright. It's terrible to hear that happened in Cabo or anywhere for that matter. I've always felt safe down there, but I guess you can't be too careful. Bob

Rogers, MN
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hola from Cabo

Tooley - so sad to hear about what happened to your Uncle - that is just WRONG!! I hope that you are able to find some resolve to it - it's too bad such a wonderful, beautiful place has to have that kind of stuff going on - I'm so sorry that happened to him. On the other note - glad you were able to meet everyone - I would bet that it was a blast - too bad we all cannot be there at the same time. Enjoy those Gordo tacos while you are there and hopefully your uncle can enjoy the rest of his time.

Ohio
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hola from Cabo

Oh my God.... that is just HORRIBLE!!! Picking on an elderly man and stealing from him.... some people are just downright nasty!!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,334 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hola from Cabo

What a dreadful thing to have happen! Thank goodness everything else has been so good!

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
581 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hola from Cabo

i have been stopped twice at night in cabo i learned a very good Spanish phrase i hope my spelling in Spanish is OK . {i via aqui cabo} i live here in cabo, i get a tan that is darker then the local so i kind of fit in . i was told years ago they really don't like to screw with locals as they will be around to tell on you, tourist will be gone in a few days. it seems to work if they ask where you live i just give them a month or a saint there is a street named after one of them some where in cabo. it also works great to the opc people outside personal contact for time shares

Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hola from Cabo

Bummer Tooley. I hate to hear this.

Par :(

Show Low, Arizona
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hola from Cabo

Wow tooley, how scary is that, Sorry to hear about the issue with your Uncle, I din't even know this was a problem in Cabo. My husband and i will be there this weekend, I will be very careful about where we go.

Thanks and I hope yyour Uncle can enjoy the rest of his vacation

Caroline

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hola from Cabo

I'm so sorry this happened to your uncle! That really makes me mad! Grrrrrrrrrr...

In the May 28th issue of the Gringo Gazette, front page, they talk about how they are trying to reform the police.

Here's the article plus some contact info:

"An adviecory group of civic leaders has presented the Los Cobos mayor with a detailed plan to improve the efficiency, service and honesty of local our police force.

The plan, which was ordered by Mayor Luis Armando Diaz, also includes follow up methods to monitor results and improvements.

Four groups of city fathers were assigned to review the plan, lauch it and monitor it. The plan forsees an investment of over $3 million in training, equipment and hiring of additional police officers within the next 12 months. Mayor Diaz invited the community to report those police officers who abuse their position.

You can contact either of these men. Alejandro Sanchez Acosta, Director of Internal Affairs (624) 142.0622 / Ext. 102 & 104. Email: asanchez@loscobos.gob.mx Adress: Boulevard Mijares N 1413 & Zaragoza, Centro 234000 San Jose.

Jose Mannuel Gonzalez Arriola (Tourism Honcho) Direccion Municipal Turismo (624) 14 2 33 10 Fax 14 2 36 66 & 14 6 96 28 Email: jmgonzalez@loscobos.gob.mx Adress: Boulevard Mijares N 1413 & Zaragoza Centro 23400 San Jose."

Don't forget to tell them how often you go to Cabo and how hard you work to make the people of the Colonies happy!!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
222 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hola from Cabo

Sorry to hear about your Uncle - that really stinks!

Glad to hear that the TA dinner was fun - I just joined the TA Forum last Spring but can imagine how much fun the TAers who all got together on Sunday are! I am jealous :(

Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hola from Cabo

Tooley, the same thing happened to Cabo Mike on Friday night. They searched him for drugs and didn't find anyhting but they let him go.