We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Grande Excellente

Orem, Utah
Level Contributor
238 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Grande Excellente

Spent October 13-20 (week 41) on the Ridege (3117) at Playa Grande. The view of the marina is totally worth it to me. Watch the boats come and go and the night lights twinkle brightly. Big double patio with comfy furniture to relax in. Big master bederoom with bath. Living room has the sofa and 2 fold out beds. Full size fridge to load up on food from Costco. Maria our maid was the sweetest and most considerate lady. Hope she is there for us next year. 2 hot tubs to choose from after a day of fishing or 3 pools. The infinity pool is a blast and the kids will love the slide in the middle pool. The only negative thing about the Ridge is that it is not for those that have a hard time walking. I would stay in the main complex.

PG is spectacular. Graet service.! Spotless surrondings!

MUI EXCELLENTE!!!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Grande Excellente

You know I have to agree!! PG is MUI EXCELLENTE! I had to go over there twice last week just to get my fix! I really missed not being there. Pacifica was fine but my heart is at PG. It is home for us and we are so glad we get to go there most of the time!

Glad you had a good time! :-)

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Grande Excellente

Thank you for the info on PG and I'm glad you had a great time in Cabo!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Grande Excellente

Can't wait I check in Friday

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Grande Excellente

Ah, Playa Grande... my home away from home. I, too, missed not staying there this last trip. Went over there twice to have breakfast at the Calima. So beautiful & peaceful. Can't wait to get there next month. We'll be on the Ridge Nov. 25-Dec. 2. I'll have to take some video from up there so everyone can see the view of the marina and also the pacific on the other side. Maybe I'll be better at taking video by then.

Dallas
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Grande Excellente

I've never stayed at PG yet, but have a room reserved on the ridge side for Dec 30 - Jan 6.....very excited to spend New Years there. :)

Nice to hear about the great views!

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Grande Excellente

Thanks for the positive feedback. We'll be there in 38 days and are getting very excited. Last time we stayed at Pueblo Bonito blanco and absolutely loved it so were afraid at first that Playa Grande wouldn't be as good.

Reviews like this make me think we may like it even better!!!

Dmwalker - we'll probably walk right by eachother at some point!! We'll be checking in on the 1st. We'll be in a group of 5 ladies - my 25 year old bombshell cousin up to my 74 year old bombshell grandmother!!!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,711 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Grande Excellente

Have only visited the Ridge, but love my one bdrm. and am going to hate not being there in Dec :-(

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Grande Excellente

Aspears... what building are you staying in? Well be on the Ridge in Bldg D, unit 3233. Will be there w/my hubby, his mom and her, um, 'gentleman friend'. :)

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,711 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa Grande Excellente

Those views are spectacular! The best of both worlds. Do you miss hearing the surf though?

Emmetsburg, Iowa
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Playa Grande Excellente

I love staying at PG also but I have a terrible fear of heights so when we were taking the tour of the Ridge I did my best imitation of a spider when we were up at the top. Given a preference I like to stay right on the beach front where I can watch and listen to the waves and sit out on the patio without having a heart attack!!! I am sure the view is spectacular but I will have to settle for pictures.