We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lennys or the Trailer Park

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
332 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lennys or the Trailer Park

When we were in Cabo last August, we ate at Lenny's and had some great seafood and steaks. My question is regarding the name, some people call it the trailer park and others call it Lenny's Deli. Are they one in the same or are we talking about two different eaters? If there is 2 different restaurants which one is better.

Thanks

Terry

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lennys or the Trailer Park

I believe its all the same.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lennys or the Trailer Park

They are different establishments with different menus owned by the same people, Lenny and Katie Gotfried.

Here is a little more info;

loscabosguide.com/theoriginalpark/index.html

loscabosguide.com/restaurants/lennysdeli.htm

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lennys or the Trailer Park

They are at the same location so it's easy to get them mixed up. Lenny's Deli is out front and The Original Trailor Park is behind it.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lennys or the Trailer Park

Is this the one just outside of Cabo on the ocean side of the fourlane??

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lennys or the Trailer Park

No Cindy. It's across the street west of City Club. And there is no trailer park, just a building.

The trailer park restaurant used to be just north of downtown at a real trailer park, but a couple years ago they sold the land and moved the restaurant to the same location as their deli.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lennys or the Trailer Park

The one that is just outside of town is the Vagabundos Trailer Park.

As far as I know it's still there and gets rave reviews but we haven't tried it yet.

(And it really is in a trailer park)

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
841 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lennys or the Trailer Park

When my wife and I landed in Cabo San Lucas on January 7, 2007, the pilot of our Alaska Airline flight passed out a listing of his favorite restaurants as we departed the plane. Among the restaurants he listed was the Trailer Park. We wanted to dine there because one of my coworker absolutely loves the food and atmosphere.

A few days later, following a sunset cruse on the Buccaneer Queen, we flagged down a cab and asked to be taken to the Trailer Park. The driver took us to The Original Park Restaurant & Bar. As we got out of the cab someone from restaurant tipped the cabbie.

The atmosphere was marginal and the food that night was mediocre at best. The owner, I suppose it was Lenny, came to our table and ask how we liked our dinner. We told him that the restaurant wasn’t quite what we had expected. He then told us that he had dissolved his partnership with the owners of La Golondrina and started this new restaurant. He went on to say that he was the driving force behind La Golondrina’s success. He then went on a 10 minute rampage about La Golondrina.

The next day, we asked a cab driver to take us to the address on the pilot’s list of favorite restaurants. The cab driver took us directly to La Golondrina. La Golondrina is located on a large lot adjacent to City Club which may have been a trailer part at one time. We found the atmosphere to be romantic and inviting. However, the service and food were good but not great. Prices were fair but bordering on high for Cabo San Lucas.

The next morning we spoke with the concierge at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. He told us that several restaurants infringe upon The Trailer Parks notoriety. Moreover, he went on to say that it’s not uncommon for restaurants pretending to be The Trailer Park to tip cab drivers bringing tourists to their establishment. There are several trailer parks in Cabo San Lucas and many have restaurants but there is only one Trailer Park Restaurant-- La Golondrina. However, in my opinion you can expect a nice but not great dining experience. Nevertheless, my wife and I will return this year just for the atmosphere.

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lennys or the Trailer Park

Thanks for clearing up a muddy situation in my mine :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
108 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lennys or the Trailer Park

Speaking of La Golondrina, we dined there a few weeks ago. The dinner was great, but we were shocked at the cost.

After dinner, our waiter recommended Mexican Coffee drinks and three in our party of 8 opted for the Mexican Coffees. Great show -- flaming alcohol -- but the bill came to US$42 for just those three drinks!! We definitely felt a bit taken advantage of at $14 per drink.

Nice restaurant, great atmosphere, but for us, plenty of other places in Cabo where we won't feel gouged.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lennys or the Trailer Park

We dined At La Golondrina the atmosphere is beautiful but the food just okay. Not worth the cost in my opinion. My husband now calls it La Golon-rip-off! I would consider trying the Trailer Park but only w/ vouchers.