We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus/taxi to Playa Santa Maria?

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bus/taxi to Playa Santa Maria?

Do public buses run to Playa Santa Maria? Or, if not, without renting a car, how would you suggest getting there from the Finisterra? Has anyone used a private driver? Would a taxi take us there and return to pick us up at a certain time? If so, about how much? Are cabs readily found for the trip back?

Thanks in advance.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus/taxi to Playa Santa Maria?

bump

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus/taxi to Playa Santa Maria?

www.homeandabroad.com/viewSiteDetails.ha…

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,849 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus/taxi to Playa Santa Maria?

How about taking a snorkel excursion that will take you there. Snacks included

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus/taxi to Playa Santa Maria?

Bumping this up as we leave in less than a week. Still looking for whether any buses go to Chileno or Santa Maria. Don't want to do a snorkel boat tour, as we want to have more than just 45 minutes at whichever place we choose. Also, would prefer not to rent a car, I realize that many here tout renting a car, but for whatever reason we would like not to rent.

So the question is - do buses go to either Chileno or Santa Maria? If so, where do I get one from. If not, how much would it be to take a cab there, and have the cab return at a set time to take us back?

Thanks.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,849 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus/taxi to Playa Santa Maria?

There is probably a collectivo bus (local transportation) that stops there. It seems there is a bus stop out at either Chileano or Santa Maria. Maybe Cabokate or Caboticket will have that info to post.

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
844 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus/taxi to Playa Santa Maria?

Since they changed/moved the highway in that area, I don't think it is going to be easy to take a bus.

tempe arizona
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus/taxi to Playa Santa Maria?

Does anyone know if there is Beer/food at this snorkel place?

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
844 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus/taxi to Playa Santa Maria?

Please disregard my last post. I just found out that the bus does turnoff the main highway and pass by Chileno, so you CAN catch a bus out there.

No there is no food or beer at either Santa Maria or Chileno. You need to bring your own.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus/taxi to Playa Santa Maria?

Thanks Kate

San Jose del Cabo...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus/taxi to Playa Santa Maria?

Fletch,

In my opinion, I prefer to go to El Chileno bay because it has a very accesible entrance to the beach, the parking lot is just a few steps from the beach. However all the previous post are fine. To go there I would arrange for a private transfer.