We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATA Out of Business

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
ATA Out of Business

http://www.ata.com/

I just saw it on the news this morning. Sorry for those got impacted. I was so close to book my May trip with ATA.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATA Out of Business

The news stories look bad bad bad. One family drove two hours to Chicago from South Bend, IN. to fly ATA to Cancun for spring break only to find out ATA was out of business. Can you imagine?!? What a nightmare.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,985 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATA Out of Business

I'm glad that when Aloha Airlines went belly up the other day that we didn't rebook our Aloha flights with ATA or we would have been scre*ed twice! Fortunately, we're now rebooked on my least favorite airline, United, but I'm just happy that we were able to snag a seat and save our vacation. Keeping my fingers crossed that they don't go into bankruptcy (again).

Let's all wish Mex25 luck as he was affected by the ATA crisis. I feel his pain!

BTW - I got an email yesterday about super discounted fares on ATA. I'm glad I didn't "share" this news with you all (and I thought about it!). Seems unconscionable for them to try to snag new customers when they knew they were going out of business.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,985 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATA Out of Business

Link to ATA story:

travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=1619

Link to Aloha Airlines story:

…latimes.com/articles/la-trw-aloha-airlines-…

Let's hope this is the last of the airlines going bankrupt and discontinuing service.

Nor-Cal
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATA Out of Business

no Pain guys

The travel insurance i paid with costco saved my vacation and my $2054 in airfare back!

I re booked on united -$630 pp out of SFO but i'm still going.

Looks like the Cabo spirit was with me this morning.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ATA Out of Business

Just got back from Hawaii two weeks ago today. Went with ATA and feel very fortunate that it didn't happen a couple weeks earlier. The scarier thing for me would have been being there when they went belly up and the hassle of trying to get back. I feel like we dodged a bullet. Going to Cabo in July with U.S. Airways, I'm thinking since there one of the big boys it shouldn't happen to them.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,133 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATA Out of Business

I was lucky-when I was working with the tour operator for my clients on AQ I mentioned ATA and the agent said "nope, heard a rumor that they are next", so I got them on UA out of SFO at no additional cost, and possibly even a few dollars savings!

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATA Out of Business

Wow, I wondered if anybody on the Cabo forum was affected glad to hear it worked out for Mex25.

8. Re: ATA Out of Business

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 15:16