We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review of Cabo San Lucas

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Review of Cabo San Lucas

Hi everyone:

First, thank you for great information about Cabo San Lucas. It made our trip fantastic. Our trip was way back in March. The 9th through the 13th . Upon returning to Milwaukee we were hit with 16” of snow and then several days of more snow. Snow plow duty again, so I did not get around to this review of our first trip to Cabo. First of many!!!!!

We rented a car from Dominic, and it was so sweet. We had not one problem. Smooth sailing. Definitely rent from him again, but probably book sooner so I can have a choice of cars. I did not have the “little red beauty”, as I thought I would, I had the white one. Thanks for that GREAT tip.

We stayed at a bed and breakfast “Casa Contenta”, It was so much more then we expected. We put that review on here upon returning. You can check that out for future plans.

Arriving at the house we just had some wine and relaxed. We headed to Rips to meet up with TAer’s. Not many showed up, but we did meet Cabodon. We had a few drinks and of course the famous Rainbow shots. Headed to Cabo Wabo to have some more tequila. We checked out giggling marlin, walked all around town, and then ate at the Marina. I don’t remember which restaurant, but remember it has a square pond in the entrance way that Dan stepped in. LOL

The next day we had a wonderful breakfast on one of our 4 decks, overlooking Cabo San Lucas. Relaxed by the pool. We took our Nissan to town, went to Gardinia’s for lobster and fish tacos, which were just great. Hung out on the beach went back to the B&B for the sunset, then out to dinner.

Next day we took the water taxi out to see the arch and lovers beach etc. We spent more time hanging around Billigan's and up and down the beach to drink and people watch.

That evening we dropped off a couple from our place at the Bull Ring. They went to see the wrestlers. That is something (I did not hear about from you guys.) We spent the night in town again, but did not make it a late one, as the next day we went fishing.

Thanks for telling us about Redrum. They were fantastic. We caught a 7ft marlin and took home lots of tuna in the cooler back to Milwaukee. The best part of the fishing was all the dolphins. They were all around us the whole 6 hours. Great added bonus. It was so cool. We split that charter with a young man from Canada that we found on this site. We had a great time. We had some tuna cooked at the Mango Deck at the marina that evening. I highly recommend that place to everyone. They cooked it 3 different ways. Took our own wine to the restaurant. I think someone here suggested that.

Next day we went to Medano beach,(spelling) that was really quiet and nice. We are going to bring our snorkel stuff next time and go there.

We did a dinner cruise on the Risalena. Saw some whales and a most beautiful sunset and endless margaritas again.

The last day we went shopping at this really cool art deco store near our B&B. We bought this 5’ bird sculpture. It is one of those made of a rock and copper. That is a whole story in itself how we managed to get that home and through customs. WOW. What a challenge. “But it looks cool in the yard” I would do it again.

We travel at least 6 weeks out of each year, and this is by far one of my best vacations. It just had all the right stuff. Sure wish I was a golfer. The golf courses are amazing.

THANK YOU trip advisors..

Teena

you can see some of my pics at

photoshow.com/members/teena99

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,683 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review of Cabo San Lucas

Great....glad you had the perfect trip. One question. You went to Medano Beach..quiet and nice??? Do you mean Chileano Beach?? Medano isn't so quiet. And in regards to the snorkeling....Chileano sounds more logical. yes, I'd like to hear the story of the 5' sculpture. My husband still gives me grief about bringing home a sink thru the airport.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review of Cabo San Lucas

teena99,

Your pictures were great! Love the ones at the end. What a contrast in weather! Brrrr..

Thanks for the review.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,683 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review of Cabo San Lucas

Just viewed your great pics...it was Chileano Beach. Love the bbq in the snow pics and the mileage sign. Thanks for sharing your vacation with all of us

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review of Cabo San Lucas

Great pictures! I Love the Cabo tuna on the grill back home, too funny! Thanks for sharing.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review of Cabo San Lucas

You are both correct LOL LOL

my bad.

I think I am just so excited because I am thinking about that trip again. I lost my head for a minute.

It was Chileano beach ... sorry.

big difference between the two locations. LOL

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Review of Cabo San Lucas

Grest job with the report, pictures, and the music. Being born in Wisconsin I can really relate to those last few pictures.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Review of Cabo San Lucas

Atilla:

A woman staying at our bed and breakfast took a sink home from this same store.

The bird was all wrapped up so you could not see what it was. We had to transport it 2 different ways. From Cabo to Phoenix we carried it to the plane then they put it somewhere. The problem there was that no one spoke english, and they did not like that it was wrapped. We got to Phoenix and they left it on the tarmac by the plane. The pilot was nice enough to open the window and yell for them to load it with the luggage. It was the first thing to come down the luggage ramp.

Then we had a hard time: Phoenix wanted us to carry it on, but getting through the security was not pleasant. We managed to carry it on put it above us in an overhead and carry it off. LOL

what fun.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
222 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review of Cabo San Lucas

Thanks for the great photos and music! Looks like a great trip.

Being a born and raised Wisconsin girl, I really did appreciate the pics when you got home too - I too shoveled out that day - but wasn't tan like you two.

I might have to drive around Milwaukee now (lived here for 25 yrs) and look for the 5' bird in the front yard :)

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,048 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Review of Cabo San Lucas

Those pictures are fantastic, and definitely have me getting "in the mood" to go! Great info, and it sounds like a super place to stay if you are renting a car! Those views are spectacular, and it looks so lovely there!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Review of Cabo San Lucas

great pics!! Thanks