We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frontier Airlines deals to Cabo!

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Frontier Airlines deals to Cabo!

Anyone living in the Denver area can get amazing deals to Cabo right now! Other cities as well. But the Cabo deal is great!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,997 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frontier Airlines deals to Cabo!

Let's just hope it's not a last-ditch effort to earn revenue before going bankrupt. Seems to be the norm these days. I recall getting an email for spectacular savings on ATA the day before they shut down their operations. Sigh... so hard to trust the airlines these days.

Merrillville...
Level Contributor
308 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frontier Airlines deals to Cabo!

The article I just read states Frontier Airlines filed for bankruptcy April 11, 2008. here is the article

Frontier Airlines Files For Bankruptcy - Mobile Alabama News AL ...

Frontier Airlines Files For Bankruptcy Fourth U.S. Airline in recent weeks to ... DENVER (AP) - Frontier Airlines is filing for bankruptcy. ...

wkrg.com/news/…12707 - 27k - Cached

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frontier Airlines deals to Cabo!

Frontier did file for Bankruptcy, but please don't let this dissuade you from booking with them. Frontier is a great little airline, they just ran into some trouble with how their credit cards were processed and this led to some of their Bankruptcy troubles. I am a member of another very aviation intensive forum and the word over there about Frontier is solid, but they are reducing service to some US cities. Please they could use your business now more then ever! Also make sure you book with a credit card if you are concerned about trouble, you have many more options for a refund if they do in fact go belly up before you travel.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frontier Airlines deals to Cabo!

Frontier filed a chapter 11 restructure primarily because First Data put them in a position that made it necessary in order to keep flying. Several of my clients work for Frontier and none seem to be very worried nor are they jumping ship, so if they aren't going to worry neither am I.

The deal they have going from Denver to Cabo and other points is pretty much the same deal they offer about every 2 months and doesn't include all the extra fees & taxes. We booked our flight thru Frontier and managed to get $380.58 each including all fees & taxes round trip which was actually more than we paid at Christmas but fuel is higher now so we aren't going to complain we just want to go to Cabo.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frontier Airlines deals to Cabo!

We tried Frontier out last year for the first time. Happy w/the trip and the Airline overall. Unfortunately, they're not showing any flights available for the time I need in the summer. I believe they cut back on flights from LAX to SJD :(

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
451 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frontier Airlines deals to Cabo!

My husband and I were booked earlier this month on ATA to Maui.. we almost had to cancel the Trip all together. DEFINITELY take the advice given above and use a credit card. That is how we were able to be refunded. If we had paid another way we would have been screwed. We were some of the few lucky people that ended up getting an even better Airfare in the long run.

We just booked our Trip to Cabo and we opted for travel insurance this time around.

Nor-Cal
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frontier Airlines deals to Cabo!

Deal or no deal???

Sorry guys -almost got burned on the ATA fiasco

Costco travel insurance check arived last week.

I woulndt fly frontier now if ya paid me...

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,997 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Frontier Airlines deals to Cabo!

I was almost burned twice. My Aloha flight was cancelled when they went belly up and I ALMOST rebooked our flights ATA. Thank goodness I didn't because ATA then shut down their flights the day after I rebooked my flights on United.

Go ahead and take a chance if you dare, but make sure you can get your $$ back by using a credit card and/or buying insurance that specifically covers reimbursement for flights. Take every precaution that you can.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Frontier Airlines deals to Cabo!

Right now it seems that US Airways is the cheapest from Minnesota! Can't even get Frontier out of here to Cabo now!

Larry

10. Re: Frontier Airlines deals to Cabo!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 20:17