We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Final Trip Report

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
646 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Final Trip Report

We went to Todos Santos on Friday. We left around 8:30. It turns out that was a little early. We got to town around 10 and the town was just waking up and shops were beginning to open. It was a beautiful drive the town was lovely, lots of green, some what of an oasis. We parked in front of the old church went in there first. We walked the town going into shops and galleries. It was nice to walk and not get dragged into the shops. We took our time and alot of stuff we liked but did not buy anything. We tried a few galleries that were off the main drag but they were no open. When lunch came, we looked into a few places, includeing Cafe Santa Fe, which was a little expensive for lunch, and we settled in at Tequila Sunrise. Beautiful little place accross from the Hotel California. The owner Manuel treated us like we were the most imortant people there, eveything is organic, the food was great. And at the end, we wrote our names on the wall, look for MGOBLUE, Bob, Sue, Lori, Kevin on the eastern wall where the yellow and gold come together.

On the trip back to CSL, I wanted to stop at the beach, km 65, but no one else did. But we did try to stop ar Arts and Beers, but everything looked closed up and did not see anyone around. I am not sure if they open up later or what. All the gates were closed. So we went on

After lunch back at the resort, the others went to the pool. I went to town to buy a CSL Policia t-shirt from the Fire Dept. stand. The fire Dept's down there are not publicly funded so they rely on fundraisers. I bought one last time, but that one is on its last legs. But the booth was closed. So I went to Solmar and climbed the rocks to Divorce Beach. I have been saying on this forum that it is difficult climb over from when I did it last time. So I climbed up the first pile of roack and was standing there and another gentleman followed me up. We were standing there and he asked me if the sand we were seeing was the beach. I did not think so, remembering how hard it was last time. Se there is a little slide of 3-4 feet to start to get down, and when I finilly got to the small strip of sand, I walked down to the water and sure enough, it was the beach over those rocks. I timed the waves and walked in between the rocks and onto the beach. 10-15 minutes tops. I think last time the tide was higher and i could not get around those rocks. I remember trying. I had to climb up over them and there is not an easy way down onto the beach from them. Getting back was just as easy, just timing the waves (and the waves were huge Friday and Saturday).

That night were ate at Cabo Wabo. Someone on this forum heard they had good steak and one of our friends heard that they had good food. The steak was very good, and the other threee had a couple of different shrimp dishes which they liked as well.

We left on Saturday. We had a case of water left over. We decided to leave it with friends of ours staying another week at the time shares at the Sheraton. While my friend was running it up to them, some in a van stopped and ask how the car was treating us. Thinking it was some stranger, I said fine, thought it was a little weird. It turned out it was Dominic. We got out of our cars and started talking. I told him about our little mishap at the airport and he refunded my $20. I learned he has an army buddy he keeps in touch with in the suburb next to ours. He also suffered a heart attack in January, but he looks great now. So he took all our luggage in his van, he had one other pick up on the way to the airport, and he paid our toll on the way to the airport. What a great guy,very nice, go talk to him if you get the chance.

So that is it. Thank you all for your help. Without TA, i would not have found Dominic, Traun, Todos Santo and many other things.

What I probably do next time is to do the tequila tasting at Panchos (I said that last time), get a ride in the Americ'a Cup boat, and eat at different restuarants such as the Original Park. I would aslo do a hikeing trip into the mountians with a group I found in Todos Santos, see the forests and streams and waterfalls up there. And if I get my certification, maybe scuba dive off the east coast.

Thanks again everyone, see you in 2 years I hope.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Final Trip Report

I've enjoyed your posts, along with surfing thru this entire forum, I've learned alot and will like you, use the great tips.

Wasn't planning a trip to todos Santos, but you have made it sound appealing.

I think 10 days is not going to be long enough to eat at all the restaurants and try everything I want to try.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Final Trip Report

Great report, going to miss them! So glad you had a good time and everything went well. If you have pics, make sure to post them!

Larry

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Final Trip Report

Thanks for your indepth reports, its nice to know that the forum can be of help and make a trip more enjoyable.

Ohio
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Final Trip Report

Enjoyed your trip reports.... sounds like you all had a wonderful trip... you'll have to put Art & Beer on your to-do-list for your next trip... definitely a Baja experience.... Thanx! Janis

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Final Trip Report

Thanks again, Bob.

Those were great trip reports.

That's too bad that Art & Beers was closed but it sounds like you had a good trip to Todos Santos. I'll be looking for your names on the wall.

That's so cool that got to meet Dominic and that he is looking great.

Thanks for the tips about the climb over the rocks and everything else.

One last question;

Where is the Fire Dept. stand that sells t-shirts? I think I'm going need a CSL Policia t-shirt this October. Cabo 5-0 is coming to get me.

- Dave

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Final Trip Report

Thanks for the great reports. Can't say enough good things about Dominic already booked our car for the summer! Glad you had a fine time in cabo.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Final Trip Report

Thanks for all your reports!

I have heard about the good steaks at Cabo Wabo for a few years now and still have not been there to eat. Sounds like I really need to try it!

Glad you had success hiking over to Lovers. It is easier when the tide is out.

Great info.

Massapequa, NY
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Final Trip Report

Thanks Bob for all your great reports, I really enjoyed them. We loved Tequila Sunrise also. Great Chile Relenos and Margaritas. Can't wait till May. Bob

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
646 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Final Trip Report

The Fire Dept T-shirt place was in the dirt parking lot right next to Cabo Dolphins along the marina walk. I went there Firday afternoon and Saturday morning and they were closed both times, missed my chance to buy a new one. My old one is still wearable but starting to look a bit ragged.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
714 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Final Trip Report

Absolutely enjoyed reading the trip reports. It brings back so many great memories. Baja is what you make it. You definitely did baja right. and it sounds like you truly enjoyed the trip too. We are starting this year to stay two weeks instead of the usual 1 week.

Isn't it great to get your Baja On!!!!!

Tom and Kim