We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HORRIBLE Woman @ Senor Sweets!

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
HORRIBLE Woman @ Senor Sweets!

So last week I'm having breakfast with my husband and another couple at Senor Sweets. Well evidentally they have some deal where if you are having a meal there you can call Canada or USA for free. The was a table nearby with 2 couples and one of the women was trying to use their phone. She kept getting pissy with the waitress because she (the woman) couldn't figure out how to dial out and the waitress spoke very little or no english.

The woman finally got angry and told the waitress that if she was going to be helping americans that she should be able to speak english! The nerve of this woman was appalling! How in the world can you come to another country and expect them to speak your language. They don't expect us to speak theirs and they do everything they can to understand us.

I just wanted to go up and smack her!

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HORRIBLE Woman @ Senor Sweets!

This kind of behavior is what gives some American's a bad name! And we wonder why other's hate us.

Oregon
Level Contributor
428 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HORRIBLE Woman @ Senor Sweets!

People like her should have their passports confiscated! Selfish, insensitive and embarrassing to fellow countrymen! Do the rest of us a favor and stay home!!!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,576 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HORRIBLE Woman @ Senor Sweets!

Sadly, there are ugly people everywhere :( I hate it when I see things like this, and always apologise to the person that had to deal with it, hoping that my apology will help them realize that the majority of us are really decent human beings.............

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,033 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HORRIBLE Woman @ Senor Sweets!

I have been known to also apologize for rude behavior from fellow countrymen but...since I am also know for not being very coy or quiet let alone very diplomatic in my approach I do enjoy walking up to the rude insensitve individules and smiling sweetly and in a calm quiet voice telling them how rude insensitive and ignorant they are, I do get a certain pleasure out of the look of confusion then surprise they get when confronted by their attitude:)

Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HORRIBLE Woman @ Senor Sweets!

This was your typical arrogant American who thinks the world owes them everything. Thank God the people on this forum don't have that arrogant attitude or demeanor.

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HORRIBLE Woman @ Senor Sweets!

I wouldn't have been able to stand it. I would've said something to that woman to let her know that her behavior was neither appropriate nor appreciated. I've been appalled on occasion with what gringos - Americans especially, I've noticed (don't flame me; I'm American myself, but have witnessed kinder, gentler behavior from Brits and Canadians than my own "kind") - seem to think they can "get away with" while visiting another country.

I hope she got ripped off at the Pemex BIG TIME. Karma.

>;-D

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: HORRIBLE Woman @ Senor Sweets!

I just try to keep in mind that the good ones out number the bad and ignorant! It is sad that some people have a negative demeanor but sometimes it goes beyond that! They have sad lives and seem to put it on to others! I am also one to apologize for others!

Larry

cabo san lucas
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: HORRIBLE Woman @ Senor Sweets!

and senor sweets is such a cool place aswell! its one of many of my offices... i wish i was there..

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HORRIBLE Woman @ Senor Sweets!

Yes Cabokate they were great. The best French Toast I think I have ever had. I just wish there weren't sooooo many restaurants to choose from or I would have gone there more than once!

Alexander's by far is my favorite for dinner. We did go there twice. The Chateaubriand for 2 people is AMAZING!

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
451 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HORRIBLE Woman @ Senor Sweets!

I feel embarassed just hearing about it! I am proud to be an American... but I am not proud of some peoples behavior. I don't know if I would have been able to hold my tongue. It has been 12+ years since I use to frequent different parts of Mexico quite often.. I have always found the people in Mexico to be warm and gracious so it makes me sad.

I am looking forward to the upcoming trip to Cabo! I hope I don't run into people like that.