We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help

indiana
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
I need help

We are heading to Cabo July 14th. I have a group of 7 adults, 5 of us late 30's and 2 early 20's. We are staying at Hacienda del mar. We traded through RCI. Everyone is looking to me for answers. Now I need my friends at TA to help me. I'm on the forum 3 to 4 times a day getting ideas.

I want to know what is not to be missed! Please send me ideas we can do together as a large group.

I'm pretty sure we will be getting a car through Dominic. I have put out the email to everyone that TA thinks we will spend a fortune on taxis. so waiting for them to say to get that.

Thank you so much!!! I will be on looking for help until we leave

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,749 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need help

Well, have you checked loscabosguide.com and cabosanlucastours.net? You will find loads of great ideas there, and Caboticket has some wonderful activities he can arrange for you!

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,080 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need help

I have been to Cabo in early and late January. I did do some swimming in the pool but not at the beach. The Sea of Cortez was way too cold. And like Kat said - it's very easy to get a sunburn. I was wearing shorts and tanks tops every day. Where it's cool is in the evening. I wore long pants and a jacket for dinner every night.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,080 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need help

Oops! This was meant for Texbeach.

McArthur, California
Level Contributor
211 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need help

We enjoy the fishing and with a large group the price pp is reasonable. Yes definitely the fishing!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,154 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need help

What about the zip lines? I would think it'd be fun to go with a big group of friends. There are also the race carts or ATVs. Probably it'd be fun just for the group of you to hang out on Medano Beach and 'people watch' one day.

The Bucaneer Queen (pirate ship) at night is pretty fun... cheesy, but still fun.

If you rent a car, take a day trip to Todos Santos with a stop at Art & Beer.

Or, take a day trip into San Jose and have lunch & go shopping. It's a totally different feel there than in Cabo San Lucas.

I'm sure whatever you decide to do, it'll be fun.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I need help

ga-girl68,

July 14-21st, party of 7, staying at Hacienda Del Mar and getting excited, right?

What is not to be missed: The fishing, food, friendly faces and fun in the sun.

Cabo is the Marlin Sportfishing Capital of the World!

Just ask and you will get a half-dozen good suggestions for charters.

There are a lot of great places to eat. Read Trapper's List; tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k14883…

We haven't tried it but, as matapule wrote, Sunday buffet at the golf clubhouse is highly recommended.

And, Gordo Lele's is centered on this map, just in case you hadn't found out where it is by now;

wikimapia.org/…2

Harold has a great set of maps and other useful information on this site;

www.helmbrechtsonline.com/Cabo/Cabo_maps.html

For some possible adventures check these sites http://www.caboticket.com/ and http://www.cabo-adventures.com/

Sailing, Jazz Cruise, Sunset Cruise are all good for groups and if you aren't going fishing you should at least get out on the water. (Of course, we loved the Buccaneer Queen. It was cheesy, but fun) ATVs, Zip lines, snorkeling? What sounds interesting?

You will be staying just outside of Cabo San Lucas so you will definitely want to plan a day or two in CSL. And, dm is right, you should also spend a day in San José del Cabo. And, don't forget to plan a lot of time for relaxing in that hot Cabo sun.

indiana
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I need help

Thanks so much for all the info. We are beyond excited about going to Cabo for the first time! We for sure want to go to gordo lele's!! Hopefully we can find it. We were thinking of getting a car from

Dominic, but all in the group don't want to rent a car. so we will do taxi for the week. I will for sure print off Trappers list for the trip. As I have said I will be online everyday until we leave!

Thanks again!!!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
60,851 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I need help

ga-girl ~ Finding Gordo Lele's.

Print out this restaurant map (it has street names) helmbrechtsonline.com/Cabo/images/city_cabos… There are several recommended restaurants in a small area.

Gordo Lele's

Salvatores

Crazy Lobster

Panchos

On one of your first days, walk around and locate all of them, making reservations (for Salvatores) or decisions while you can see them. Of course a taxi will take you directly to the door of your chosen restaurant, but it's nice to see them first. They're also outlined on the wiki map, but the helmbrechts map is easier to carry in your pocket.

wikimapia.org/…2

Also look for Rips & Taco Loco (TA favorite meeting place.) The Corner Cafe is on the restaurant map and is known for large $$$ margaritas, in case your group gets a strong thirst while out walking.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,853 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I need help

You might check with your resort, or maybe someone here that has stayed at HDM will know, if they have a day shuttle that will take you into CSL or SJ for a day trip. At least that way you can get your bearings before you go back for a dinner or whatever by taxi. A group of my friends that stay at President and have stayed at Solaris have gotten shuttles into CSL for day trips. They would drop you off around 11 and pick you back up at around 4 at the mall. Doesn't seem long enough, but it would at least save you a little on taxi fares.

Boulder
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: I need help

Don't miss swimming with the dolphins.