We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers back to airport

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
581 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic

we need to make a statement that we as guest in cabo don't like be held captive by the taxi cab Mafia. What do cab drivers work for TIPS! if no one tips them the drivers will start compiling to the bosses and it will go up the food chain? . tell the drivers as you off load at the airport we don't like being told we have to take a cab to leave cabo.

i don't think it will take long till the taxi owners hear are words and i am sure the drivers will not be happy with no tips on the airport runs. i was in Cancun in Jan of 08 and you can get a the same cab ride for 20.00 same ride in cabo is 60.00 might have went you a little with the rise in gas prices.

Chicago Illinois
Level Contributor
363 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers back to airport

I second that Sockman...we only took a cab 2x, that was for our Hacienda Encentada prensentation (which Marina Fiesta paid for) and back to the airport. We did not tip!!!

Our friends were willing to pick us up but because they have a business in Cabo with the logo on their vehicles BUT we were afraid the taxis might stop them!

We know we could have walked up the street to meet them but we took the shuttle back ($16pp) and didn't have to hassle our friends :)

Everytime we walked out of the hotel there was always cab sitting near the gates more toward the marina...guess he was just watching to make sure no private transportation came in.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,672 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers back to airport

makes car renting more appealing just for the point of making a statement.....NO TAXI'S

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers back to airport

What I wonder about is where are all the resort/hotel owners in all of this nonsense? Don't seem to hear anything from them about the situation. Next I know the government is corrupt but where is the mayor, governor, anyone. If the taxis want to charge more money, so be it, but how can they stop shuttle services and all the tour business' from making a living. I think the taxi unions are "donating" a lot of pesos to the right people. Tell Dominic to get more cars ready.

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
581 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers back to airport

i have to use the taxis in feb becuse i am there for three weeks and that is a lot of grocerys to haul back from walmart i might just rent a car for one day .i use to give the drivers a buck or so but not any more . I wish I had business cards in Spanish that read. ' because I feel that I am being held hostage to the taxi company's high fares and one way trips to the airport I will not tip for this service. or something like this that will make a statement,

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
961 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers back to airport

Our vacation package includes transport to and from the RIU with EPIC. I emailed my travel rep. and she says that she has not heard of any problems with other clients that have returned and that I should not worry, EPIC will transfer us back to the airport. Has anyone used EPIC to and from the RIU (Santa Fe) and did you have any problems????

Thanks in advance...

Chicago Illinois
Level Contributor
363 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers back to airport

Epic will probably arrange for the taxi "shuttle" to pick you up from the hotel and take you back to the airport. The only issue as of right now is transfers from the hotels. Drop off's at the hotels are not a problem....yet.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers back to airport

THank you for the heads up on all this - each year or trip, there seems to be something ELSE different or issue regarding the taxi union. John reserved our pick up with Tanscabo and we are thinking maybe we'll rent a car the last couple days and drive ourselves back. I'll worry about it AFTER I get there. It's just good to know what Taxi issue we have going on before hand.

cabogirl2654
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers back to airport

We have to do our best to boycott the Taxi Unions here. Renting a car is a start. You will find in the long run you are saving money. If you are not up to driving yourself around, there are plenty of chauffers, that have been working for the private transporters,that can be hired to drive you around in your rented car when needed. Please be aware that the taxi's do not have meters, so you are at their mercy once you step inside their vehicle. And it is not uncommon for them to quote one price beforehand, and another price once they have taken you to your destination. I'm a 22 year resident of Cabo, and it's time we put an end to this monopoly. And did you know that most of the Taxi fleets are owned by the Politicians here!!!!!

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfers back to airport

so that's why the taxi union gets away with everything they want to do

California
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfers back to airport

When we left the Pueblo Bonito Rose yesterday morning, the situation was as bad as ever. We had booked other transportation four months ago. When they dropped us off, they told us to call ahead a day and they'd let us know how everything stood. The really bad part was that another couple who was trying to leave had not heard what was going on and they were freaking out. They called the shuttle company and were told they were on their way but I wondered if maybe the shuttle company thought they were at the airport looking for a ride in. The employees of the Rose did absolutely nothing to explain to these people what was going on so I told them. Not to slam the Rose, I liked pretty much everything else about the place.

By the way, this was just one bit of valuable travel info I got from lurking around these boards. I learned all kinds of things and would have been left in mass confusion if not for all of you, so thanks everyone!