We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baja Brewing Company

St. Louis
Level Contributor
98 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Baja Brewing Company

Has anyone tried this micro brewery / restaurant? I am definitely planning a stop there. Their website is excellent and an email sent to them was quickly replied to. They don't sell 12 ounce bottles but do sell 2 liter ones. Can I bring this sized bottles back on my flight? We clear Customs in Texas and do they have special rules regarding this? Thanks in advance.

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
943 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baja Brewing Company

Dave,

Didnt get a chance to get to SJDC to try the brews, but they do sound good. Supposedly they are planning a Cabo outlet which would make it easier.

As far as the bottle on the flights, they would have to be in your checked bags. Would be best in a hardside case of somekind ( cooler ). It would be like any alcohol product back into the states. Not sure about the limit on beer, but check the US Customs website.

Have Fun !!!

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baja Brewing Company

I ate there last night for the first time. Had the shrimp salad and a pizza. I was also checking out what others were eating...everything looked fabulous. Not sure about bringing beer back to the states though.

~S

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baja Brewing Company

I can't answer the question about bringing beer back either, but can attest that it's good stuff. The hubby and I each had a different hefeweizen brew and they were great. We also ate dinner there, but I wasn't that impressed. To be honest, I can't even recall what I had (so obviously it wasn't memorable!) but hubby had steak that was undercooked and overpriced. I have heard that their wood-fired pizzas are excellent, though. The decor is minimal and sophisticated. It's a cool place, and I think you'll like it.

indiana
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baja Brewing Company

Hey Dave618

whats that website. This sounds like something my hubby would love to checkout!! where is it located??

McArthur, California
Level Contributor
210 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baja Brewing Company

If the same rules apply as for Tequila, I know from experience the bottle has to be sealed or else they get to enjoy it instead of you! BTW I would like the website too.

McArthur, California
Level Contributor
210 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baja Brewing Company

Ok… http://www.bajabrewingcompany.com was too hard for me to figure out. And I just remembered our tequila experience was pre 911 when you could transport alcohol in your carryon.

McArthur, California
Level Contributor
210 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baja Brewing Company

looks like you’ll be there a week before we get there. Please let us know what you think of the place. I think since we are staying at the Tropicana for a night we will have to check it out.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
98 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baja Brewing Company

First of all, I am very happy to see there are other fans of micro beers. Go to RateBeer.com and check out the best beer site ever.

Second, I will indeed let you know. My last vacation was to Jamaica where they would say "only 4 sleeps until Cabo."

Third, this site is amazingly helpful. I have had so many questions answered here that I just keep saying "what a great site!" Other couples we are going to Cabo with keep asking questions and I go here and keep getting GREAT answers. Hats off to the TripAdvisor.com crew. I have their tee shirt and wear it frequently.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
98 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baja Brewing Company

We did indeed get to this brewpub on our trip. It is located in San Jose del Cabo, about a 20 minute drive up the gulf from Cabo and, for beer lovers, is a drive well worth making. They currently offer 8 of their beers on tap and all of them are quality efforts. The restaurant is also excellent. All 6 of us ordered off the pub fare menu (as opposed to the entrees one) and all were well pleased. Food was both imanginative and well presented. The area is full of artsy types of places and is a very cool part of town. It has that old European feel similar to Cabo San Lucas.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baja Brewing Company

Thanks for the review, Dave! I've been wondering about the brewpub.