We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabs vs Car Rental for couple staying at Fiesta Americana?

NY
3 posts
Save Topic
Cabs vs Car Rental for couple staying at Fiesta Americana?

Hi! My boyfriend and I are staying at the Fiesta Americana for 8 days and trying to decide between taking the cabs and shuttles or renting a car. The car rental through Orbitz is about $36 a day. As far as leaving the hotel we'll be going to Lover's beach, medano beach, and prob do a little bit of sightseeing during the days and going to dinners in downtown cabo and cabo san lucas at night. I don't think we'll be out partying at night but will def be doing some drinking on the beach and at dinner so I'm leaning against not renting a car. On the other hand- it sounds much cheaper and more conveneint then the taxis and shuttle. Let me know what you guys think!!

Thanks so much

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabs vs Car Rental for couple staying at Fiesta Americana?

It sure is nice to have a car when you are out on the corridor. FA is not close to the road so you can't take the local busses easily. Even with a shuttle you are then on the clock which isn't fun...

If taxis weren't so darn expensive and $$ wasn't an issue it would sure be easiest way to get around. We prefer not to use them except when we have to.

Regarding car rental, if Orbitz price is not including liability that might be too high of a rate. Might want to try dollarloscabo.com and Payless just to compare. :-)

Hope you have a good trip!

KDB
Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabs vs Car Rental for couple staying at Fiesta Americana?

I just returned from 10 days at Hacienda del Mar which is next door to Fiesta Americana. I always rent a car because it is quite far from town and I like to leave the resort and enjoy the area. I used Dominic this year and was thrilled with the service and ease of getting and returning the car. His price was better than anything I could find. Check him out on this forum.

Ohio
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabs vs Car Rental for couple staying at Fiesta Americana?

Definitely rent a car... we stayed at the Fiesta Americana in May and rented a car from Dominic... The FA is a ways from town and if you're planning on dining out it's definitely cheaper renting then taking cabs.... the 2 restaurants at the FA are very good but VERY expensive..... Have a fantastic trip.... Janis

NY
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabs vs Car Rental for couple staying at Fiesta Americana?

Thanks so much- these all definitely help. I'm a little confused though- is Dominic a person or car rental company? Where can I find a link to his/their service?

Thanks again I can't wait!!!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,849 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabs vs Car Rental for couple staying at Fiesta Americana?

Dominic is a great find...he has a business. Just not major advertised. Here's his contact. domosanlucas@prodigy.net.mx

You'll be hooked once you've used him. Enjoy!!!

NY
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabs vs Car Rental for couple staying at Fiesta Americana?

Awesome- thanks so much! We'll definitely email him.

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabs vs Car Rental for couple staying at Fiesta Americana?

Another vote for renting a car, and after using his services this past January, we will now always rent from Dominic.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabs vs Car Rental for couple staying at Fiesta Americana?

I'm w/most on this topic. We stayed at FA last year I would rent a car. Otherwise you'll feel trapped at the hotel like many on past reviews have stated. Not a bad thing to be but.. :) . You would need to have a taxi reserved or called by the hotel everytime you want to leave, as there are not any that I saw just waiting for passengers like in NYC or Las Vegas for example. The other thing to remember is you do not park your own car they valet it for you everytime you use it. Also, if you do decide to rent your own car, you can do your own snorkle excursions or beach days without going all the way into town. Santa Maria beach and Chileno beach are just a short 10 mins from FA. BTW, I highly recommend Dominic if you want a small budget vehicle or a larger one he'll hook you up! Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabs vs Car Rental for couple staying at Fiesta Americana?

WOW!!! After reading this post, I looked up where FA is located compared to Dreams (where I'm staying in August) and Dreams is REALLY far from town...which I don't really mind, but when hubby and I DO go into town, is the bus system readily available? This is the original mode of transportation I thought we'd use. I have read that it takes under 30 mins to get to town via bus and is only about $1 USD. Is that about accurate? (Sorry, this is a little off from the original post...)

Thank you!!

=)

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabs vs Car Rental for couple staying at Fiesta Americana?

If I recall correctly, there is a bus stop right outside of Dreams - but I cannot remember if it's on the same side of the road or across the highway. If it IS across the highway, you really might want to reconsider that as an option. I know I wouldn't cross that street on foot.