We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

room safes

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
indiana
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
room safes

We have always used the room safes when we travel, but wanted your opinions because I have read on here that some have had problems. We are staying at Hacienda del Mar. we leave on Monday. We will have quite a bit of money going with us because we don't want to use credit cards.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: room safes

We always use the room safe for our "stash" and have never had an issue. Our friends stay at HdMar every year and have never had any problems with room safes or anything stolen. Not to say it can't happen but normally a safe is safe. :-)

Have a great trip!!!

KDB
Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: room safes

I have stayed at the Hacienda del Mar Vacation club for the last six years and have never had a problem with the security of the safe. In fact, this year I accidentally left it open during the day while I was out. Upon returning, I checked and there was nothing missing. I feel the safes there are as secure as you are going to get with hotel security.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: room safes

We used the one at Tesoro last trip. Worked fine. I've read stories of breakins, but most all of us here have not had any trouble

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
680 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: room safes

We put our cash and jewelery into the safe at VDA and had no problems at all.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: room safes

Never had a problem! Hey Tooley, you made a funny! {a safe is safe) :)

Larry

6. Re: room safes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 22:19