We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I think I am in trouble--Mexicana Airlines

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
I think I am in trouble--Mexicana Airlines

Checked status of flt. with Mexicana and the line was busy or operators voice said try again...hmmm, so I called AA, who is in partnership with Mexicana, and they didn't even have any record of my Mexicana return flt. even existing! What?? The nonstop departure is now not a nonstop.....Oh boy, this happened a few years back too! This is for Oct. travel.

Cancun Mexicana flights are having the same issues right now(it's on their forum) so it is looking like a big mess...

AA could not give me anymore info. but I will be on the phone much of tomorrow, I am afraid, trying to get this resolved.

If you have a scheduled Mexicana flight, from anywhere in US, make sure to ck. the status by phone(if you can get through). Was not able to get any info through the internet.

Sigh....sigh...

Wish me luck! :-)

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I think I am in trouble--Mexicana Airlines

Tooley,

What airport do you fly out of...??

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I think I am in trouble--Mexicana Airlines

We fly out of Sacramento, CA. I think the Cancun flights were in another state. I forgot which one.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I think I am in trouble--Mexicana Airlines

I remember hearing something about some of the airlines cutting back on the number of flights they opperate due to the high fuel prices...:(

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I think I am in trouble--Mexicana Airlines

Will let you know what I find out tomorrow.

Hope I can get through. Yikes!

Seattle
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I think I am in trouble--Mexicana Airlines

I heard a little trick recently on a morning talk show about getting through long hold times on customer service lines and that was to pick the line for spanish speaking ( ie, push 1 for English or 2 for Spanish) - even if you dont speak a word of spanish - and those lines generally dont have as long of a wait time and the operators speak both English and Spanish. Now since you are dealing with Mexicana Airlines, I dont know if that will hold true as there may be as many English as Spanish speaking callers, but if it can help cut down hold time, maybe worth a try?

Best of luck to you, I'm sure it will all work out. Oct is a long way off and so far my October 31 flight has changed 3 times and that was in the first months of booking - I'm expecting (bracing)for many more changes in the coming months....unfortunately.

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I think I am in trouble--Mexicana Airlines

Lyndi..so it's the retuen flight thats in question? I'm not sure i see your problem....:)

Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: I think I am in trouble--Mexicana Airlines

When traveling to Cabo last October on Continental Airlines, we had a similar scare. It was with Aero Mexico. I was trying to check our seats and could not find our flight out of Mexico. Continental could not look at it either. We had to directly call Aero Mexico and it did take a little time to get through but when I did, all was set and the customer service person was one of the most friendly and helpful that I had ever dealt with.

Good luck and have fun! Better to get stuck in Cabo than here in the states!!

Susan

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,557 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I think I am in trouble--Mexicana Airlines

You will find that when it's a "code share" the carrier that isn't the one you booked with won't actually be able to pull your record and help you. Strange, I know, but it just works that way. I hope this gets organized, but can't do any checking until tomorrow from work. Hopefully, by then you will have sorted it out my friend!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I think I am in trouble--Mexicana Airlines

Thanks guys for all the info.

I think the big problem is that when I cked the same flights(incase Dennis comes with me)they were crazy 20 hours flights with 2 layovers..stuff like that. They didn't show nonstop at any site that I cked. It was as if my itinerary had vanished.

To the phone I go. :-)

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I think I am in trouble--Mexicana Airlines

Well, someone answered the phone and it is not good news.

I do get a full refund so I appreciate that from Mexicana. They didn't have much choice since basically my itinerary did vanish and there are NO flights from SMF. I would have to drive to Oakland and the flights were not good from there either. They are subject to change too.

I don't know when this takes effect or if it already has but I hope those who are traveling with Mexicana soon from SMF are not messed up.

Not sure what to do. I think I will wait until Sept. to try and get a flight. I am afraid to book anything now and have it also change.

I asked if there were any flights, any day in Oct. flying from SMF to SJD with Mexicana and she said NO!

Poor girl on the phone is just doing her job. Feel bad for these workers that have to give people bad news everytime they call. Not their fault.

Anyway, if anybody has a good idea about how I am going to get there--let me know!

Anybody want to car pool?? ;-)