We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3x1 Bar

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
505 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
3x1 Bar

Just wanted to see if anyone has been to the 3x1 bar. We used to go see cheeto at the bar in the shopping area across from Gordo's. I have been told that the bar has moved and was wondering if anyone has been there recently. Is the bar still quality, and is cheeto still working at the bar. Thanks guy, we leave in two weeks and one day and the anticipation is killing me.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3x1 Bar

It is still there and has just moved all the way thru the shopping area so that it now borders Marina Blvd. We were there in May and they were still serving those great margaritas.

Another poster reported that there is now a taco place in the old location with better and cheaper tacos than Gordo LeLes. I guess we will have to do a taste test in October!

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3x1 Bar

Just got back Cheeto is not there any more. New guy is Nacho/Augustine , to me drink are better has new flavors and better tequila. Texomablue

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3x1 Bar

What? Tacos that are better then Gordo's! I can't believe it. I didn't see that post.

Hey, if they are good, it is just another place to go for cheap eats. I am all for that but can't imagine better carne asada tacos.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
505 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3x1 Bar

Texomablue, do you know if the prices are the same as the previous bar. Are the drinks still 3x1.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3x1 Bar

micahdking prices are the same 3 for 8.00.

Tooley you are so right,Javier seems to be doing good. His tacos are still the best - had them & 3x1 margaritas Tuesday.Texomablue

BTW micahdking Nacho also makes a mango & strawberry margarita. Really good. A nice change.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3x1 Bar

I agree, I can't imagine that they are better than Javiars but it was a recent review. I will try to find it.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3x1 Bar

It was Trapper! He mentioned it on his latest food report dated 07-02.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 3x1 Bar

O.K.

Michdking...your mission (should you choose to accept it)...is to not only check out the relocated patio bar and new bartender "NACHO"...but also to investigate (just ask) Where is Cheeto...???

Keep us updated and remember if you fall off a barstool and are captured...we will disavow any knowledge of your existance...O.K. we will still claim you as TA....:)

California
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3x1 Bar

Cmon people Javier is a good guy. Fun to hear him sing but his taco's are not that good. OK if you are from the mid west where taco's are from del taco or taco bell you might enjoy them. They are not that good. I enjoy going there but it's not for the food. Three bucks for his taco's not worth it. Tanga Tang better price Better taco.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3x1 Bar

I guess it's all a matter of opinion. I don't eat at Taco Bell but Javiers tacos are the best carne asada that we have tried anywhere so far. We will be back in October but will also try the new place for comparison.