We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baseball in Cabo?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
baseball in Cabo?

I know this may sound dumb but are there any local baseball teams in Cabo? My boys can't stay away from their favorite past time even on a vacay! My husband had heard of a team in the northern area but wasn't sure. Locals know of any?

Oregon
Level Contributor
428 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baseball in Cabo?

Soccer is the dominant sport in Cabo. Baseball is not as big of a deal in Cabo as it is on the mainland. We stayed in Mazatlan and the passion the locals have for baseball is amazing! They love their team and all the games are televised. We would love to go back just for the whole baseball fan experience. Unfortunately, you won't get that in Cabo.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: baseball in Cabo?

Thanks for the info!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,804 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baseball in Cabo?

Guess they'll have to try to catch some US games on tv at Baja Cantina or Solomans

Humble, Texas
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: baseball in Cabo?

We watched games on tv at Quesadillas in September '06.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: baseball in Cabo?

I'm not sure but we did meet Pete Rose while staying at Villa Del Arco. He was sitting next to us a few times. We got a nice pic of him with our son.

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: baseball in Cabo?

There is a baseball field in Cabo near the Red Cross; giving directions is a little difficult. Our old Captain played on his team I believe every Sunday. I do not remember what time of the day he played.

There is also a guy that has organized some kind of "class" for the kids on Saturdays sometime after 2PM (I think) so that the kids in the area can learn the sport. I really do not have any further info on it though because I've never gone, though my friends kids go every week.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: baseball in Cabo?

Thanks so much! Any more info you can give me from your friend would be great, you can PM me if you want. Thanks again!

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: baseball in Cabo?

I-Hate-Tesoro,

I've marked the field and added your comments to the site.

When you find out more, let me know and I'll edit the description.

wikimapia.org/…2

9. Re: baseball in Cabo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 15:20