We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends, Cabo

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Campbell, California
Level Contributor
841 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends, Cabo

We just saw it on the Travel Channel and found the show to be interesting. It wasn't about great resorts, two for one margaritas and the beach scene, the show focused on activities more off the beaten path with a lot of time devoted to San Jose del Cabo.

This half hour show will be shown again this Sunday July 20 at 9:30 am PST (12:30pm EST).

It just got me thinking, I can’t wait until we return to Cabo. This is a really busy year for us and it looks like we can't get back until 2010. Wow-- that’s something like 669 days and a wake up.

At least I've got the Travel Channel and this forum to keep me going.

sacramento
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends, Cabo

Thanks for the info..the Tivo is set!!

California
Level Contributor
713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends, Cabo

Hi and thanks for the info!!!

Hey, we are neighbors! I am in the RoseGarden of San Jose!

Just curious, what channel is the travel channel on, I don't channel surf much!!

Thanks,

Chica

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
841 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends, Cabo

Hello neighbor,

We use Direct TV and its channel 277.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,220 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends, Cabo

Well, I used to go to San Jose State-does that count :)

I will definitely try to catch the show! Sounds like a good one!

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,755 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends, Cabo

I saw it too! She ate a place called Hangman, kayaked at Santa Maria, went ziplining ,took a sunset cruise at Lands End...and had a private chef take her to a market in San Jose and cook for her... Quite a lot for a weekend!! I wamt her job!!!

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends, Cabo

Quick question, does anyone know the name of the company that did the zip line tour that she went on? We used that same company in March, but I can't for the life of me remember which zip-line tour it was. We got it from a timeshare presentation, so I don't have the name in any of my notes.

We're trying to take my fiancee's 7 year old son to Cabo next Spring Break, and I would love to do the zip line with the same company.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends, Cabo

Thanks for the info! Set my Tivo. Looks like it's showing again on the 23rd and 24th.

travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/…

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends, Cabo

fletch,

according to this page, it was rhe Costa Azul canopy tour;

travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/…Los_Cabos_Photo_3

Thanks for the link, Indy.

Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends, Cabo

Does anyone know where Hangman's is? The food looked yummy! We arrive in 75 days and I can't wait. The show was a teaser for me. I am so excited to return. I was like a kid watching the show. I kept saying, I've been there, I've swam there, I did that, I've seen that. 75 days can't come soon enough.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,040 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends, Cabo

Cut and paste from Cabobound67 post on May 15th - Where do the locals eat in San Jose. This thread has a bunch of good recommendations:

Don't get into San Jose that much but when I do I either go to Rosy's tacos (right on the main highway), guacamaya's (the street behind Rosy's on the left) and Hangman's (the street behind Rosy's the second left). They are all within walking distance of each other but you will need to take a taxi to any of them from the Solaris. All are great and inexpensive.