We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Los Angeles,CA
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

My g/f and I just arrived in Cabo on Fri, the 18th. We are staying at The Bungalows. Eric is a GREAT host and very helpful. The room we are staying in is very nice. We have a 5-10 minute walk to Downtown Cabo.

We were starving and immediately went to GordoLele's for tacos. The tacos are excellent and this place is a must if you like carne asada tacos or tortas. I went to the 3X1 Bar and got myself, my g/f and Javier beers. Javier loves Pacificos Beers. We went back to the room and took a siesta. We woke up sorta of late and went to the Shrimp Factory for dinner. I had the Shrimp Cesar Salad and my g/f has the shrimp scampi. The shrimp at the Shrimp Factory was very good. The only negative side was it was kind of pricey. $38 USD with 3 pepsi lights.

Today (saturday) we had the famous breakfast at the bungalows. French Toast with some fruit. Very good. We took a walk to the beach and ended up stopping at The Office for some beers and chip/salsa. The chips and salsa were very good there. We walked back and stopped at GordoLele's for a couple of tacos. Brought some beers for Javier and today he was singing some Beatle songs. He is a very nice guy and we take care of him with beers and a nice tip.

Tonight, I think we are going to Momma Mia's for some pizza. Tomorrow, we may go to brunch at Cabo Del Sol.

So far we are having a great time, we may rent a car on Monday for a few days. I am going golfing on Monday and Wednesday. Possibly go surfing on Tuesday. We are here for another 7 days. We are trying to live it up here in Cabo.

Hope this was a good mini report. I got of a lot of my ideas of where to go from TA. Thanks. Brent

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Brent,

Sounds like you're off to a great start. Are you going to make it to Rips this evening.

There are going to be a bunch of great TA people there around 5:30 and later.

Thanks for the mini-report. Keep haveing fun and thanks for taking us along.

- Dave

albany
Level Contributor
131 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

While you are there can you get the real story on the taxi's and shuttles,it would help alot of people traveling to Cabo..

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Gtreat mini report Brent! Just keep having fun and say hi to all the TAer's you meet! Take lots of pics too!

Larry

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

You two have fun and keep the reports coming. Makes us poor folks here at home feel like we're in Cabo, too. Take lots of pics, too.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,867 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

So far so good, sounds like you've found your Baja attitude. Keep the updates coming.!!

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for the updates!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report

Please let me know how your surf trip goes. I'm heading down in Sept for about 10 days and I was thinking of renting a car so I can take a trip up to Todos Santos.

Any closer surf spots near Cabo. Thanks for keeping us posted.

tate

California
Level Contributor
511 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report

tate4- there are quite a few surf spots that are closer than todos santos to surf... but they don't necessarily have the best conditions on the day you want to go out. No doubt you already know about surfline... and the other site. Today had great conditions in certain secret spots.

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
845 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report

Sounds like the beginning of a great vacation. Keep the updates coming...

10. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 13:21