We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report July 15th to 21st

fLORIDA
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report July 15th to 21st

Ok so i just returned 2 days ago and all i can say is wow i will be putting up a full detalied report. Let me start off by saying Trappers list was great, the taxis are the biggest scam, if your not a local dont fight with locals, if you go to cabo because your going through a divorce please dont drink(to the max that is), if you see famous athlets or movie stars ext. leave them alone there on vacation to, bring a friend who speaks spanish (that friend was me), when they tell you the water is to rough to swim in please dont swim in the water(someone almost died), Ripps is the best bar downtown( at least 20 sets of rainbow shots), If your gonna dance on the tables in squid row please just make sure you have good balance(which is hard when everyone is drunk), ladies walk in groups of 3 or more when downtown the locals love to grab and touch, if you have a pair climb the mountain on lovers beach awesome view and awesome rush, take the upside down shots at gigiling marlin, public displays of affection are ok to a point but when your in a pool with 5 8 yr olds and 3 10 yr olds please get a room and dont put on a show for the kids, what happens in Cabo stays in Cabo the memories and pics come back but the truth stays in the Hotel rooms!

westerly,RI
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report July 15th to 21st

After that short tease, looking forward to a more detailed report!! Sounds like you had one heck of a good time!

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report July 15th to 21st

I like the teaser too. It sounds like you had some interesting adventures and have some tales to tell. Like, 1. who was fighting with the locals, 2. what did that drunken divorce do, 3. did you leave the famous person alone (and who did you see), 4. who was table dancing and 5. did you have an awsome vacation or what?

Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
3,244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report July 15th to 21st

15thI waited for you at Rips on the 15th but I never saw you

fLORIDA
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report July 15th to 21st

sorry guys when u see the pics that i am going to post you will understand i will be there more sooner than later my full review will come soon. they are going to come in parts by 2 days to much to right

fLORIDA
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report July 15th to 21st

Here Goes.............

"July 15th"

We Left my house at 5:00am arrived at Miami International at around 6:00. Check in was smooth we flew with Aero Mexico. We Departed Miami to Mexico City at 8:00. Aero Mexico has the best customer service I have ever seen free drinks (all drinks), free movie, good snacks. Arrived in Terminal 2 at 10:00am Mexico City time, they are 1 hour behind Miami. Terminal 2 is a brand new Terminal; the building is gorgeous and houses many restaurants as well as gift shops. We had a 4 hour layover so we ate at a taco stand which was awesome and had a couple of drinks at the bar. Departed Mexico City at 2:20 on Aero Mexico again and arrived in Cabo san Lucas at 3:50. Cabo airport is small but everything is right there and quick, there is no pushing of no buttons here as everyone had there bags check (quick unzip look and zip). We had pre arranged transportation with Contactors they were there waiting just like they said. We all jumped in me my brother and some other couples, first stop the small store with all the beer, jumped out bought a 12 pack and passed them out in the cab. We arrived at the Riu about 30 min later. Check in was a brezze, they were waiting with some fruit drinks (pretty good but no liquor). Let the party begin. My group of friends 2 couples 3 single ladies and 2 single guy were waiting at the building for us( we lucked out and all stayed in building 4), first thing we did was hit the mini bar and shot bar in the rooms(great setup in rooms). My friends had booked the steake house the first night so we all ate there, nothing to talk about ( I thought the food at the hotel was horrible). Now to downtown, all 11 of us jumped in a cab and paid 2 dollars a head (these prices changed every night I mean every night)

Squid Roe what can I say whatever you heard was true, I mean this place was crazy, crazy, crazy, your allowed to dance on the tables, the stage, the couches, in the cage, on the stairs, hang from poles, what ever you want you can(just be careful I was surfing the tables and almost fell at least 8 times. By this point everyone was wrecked and it was only 1:30, we left around 2 and passed out at the hotel.

"July 16th"

ZzZZzzZz! Ringggggggg!!!!!!! Wake up call ready for breakfast? I received this call every morning, from 1 of the 2 couples, anywhere from 8:00am to 9:00am; no matter what time we went to bed. The walk to get breakfast was about 10 min from building 4 and was located in the main lobby area. Breakfast was the best meal of the day, the omelets were fantastic as well as the juices, and fruit. I ate the pork sausage and thought it was horrible (i later threw it up). After breakfast we walked to the gift shop to pick up some "Picot" (this stuff is magic for stomachs, headache, body ache hey if it aches it can cure it). Returned to the room and changed to swimwear and off to building #7 pools. Building 4 is located basically in the middle of the resort so it was about 10 min to walk to each end. We started at the Infinity pool at the far right end, I brought some CD’s and they had no problem playing them (the first day that is). It was a ball we all drank it up a lot of tequila shots and Miami vice’s. So this was the day we met our other half of our party we meet 5 beautiful women from New York and just partied up even harder with a bunch of New Yorkers. After the fun day at the pool we all went to the rooms and changed because we had reservations at “The Office” downtown. So we all met up and jumped in a cab (this time it was 2.5 a person). We arrived at the office and loved the ambiance and atmosphere, eating on the beach looking at the water you can’t complain. Now the food was awesome we all had something different and had no complains, but when we all asked for water and they brought out a $5.50 bottle of water, I had to ask to take almost all of them back. Now here is the part of the story where you will find out why you shouldn’t fight locals. A couple of young men were watching the men spin these fuel filled canister of fire and somehow was splashed with fuel in his eye, well he started to get real irritated when no one was helping and proceeded to start pushing the workers, well no sooner than later an argument pursued and fist started to fly as soon as that happened the whole kitchen staff cleared out cooks, waiters, bust boys I mean it looked like a scene in a movie, well his friend being the good friend he was decided to pick up a chair and crack one of the workers on the back, well everyone can pretty must figure out what happened next they got there butt kicked and arrested when 6 heavily armed federal’s showed up and put them in cuffs. Hey what can I say if you get fuel in your eyes stop, drop, and roll and wait to some one comes? After that we went off to squid roe, again, and started the night off there. Another wild dancing on the tables, hanging from the wall taking 10 shot type of night. We left entered a cab (2 a head now) on our way to the hotel stopped at the sports bar for some turkey sandwiches and from what my brother said peanut butter hamburgers, to funny. Well on our way to our room for a little ZzZzZZzZZzZZzZzZzZ!!! More to come………………………

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report July 15th to 21st

Wow, gets better with each report! Thanks for sharing. Kinda scary about the fuel in the eye we saw those fire guys last year down by the marina I'll be sure to watch only from a safe distance sheeez!

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report July 15th to 21st

Alright! This is great.

And it sounds like the party has just begun! More, more ... OK, get some sleep. You probably need it. I'll be watching for episode 2. Thanks for the laughs!

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report July 15th to 21st

Like reading a good book. Can't wait for the next page. Come on, come on, come on. I love Squid Row. They're crazy in there.

westerly,RI
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report July 15th to 21st

You probably slept for 2 days straight when you got home!!! Sounds like fun, can't wait to hear the rest!

fLORIDA
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report July 15th to 21st

“July 17th”

Good morning ready for breakfast! This time both couples were up and ready to go. Ate about the same breakfast, went to the gift shop and purchased some more “Picot” trust me everyone will thank me for mentioning this magic powder. Off to the room changed to swimwear and off to the beach. Met everyone by building #7 infinity pool again, and started to drink it up at around 10(hey were on vacation, right?). While by the pool we made the decision that we would go to lover’s beach on this day. Well before we went I had to get something to eat at the buffet by building #7, food was alright I guess I don’t eat red meat so my selection was limited to the same fish and same chicken. After eating I met up with everyone on the beach in front of the hotel. We all went on a water taxi for $10 a head; we had no trouble getting on as the waves were not huge on this day. The ride was good a little choppy, took us around the rock formations, and then to lovers beach, one of my female friends got sea sick and couldn’t make it. Now lovers beach what can I say, beautiful nice sand nice view, and nice Mountain View. Mountain View, yes, you must be on top of a mountain to have a view, well guess what? We climbed the mountain (will have pictures up soon). Yes call it crazy, dumb, or even moronic, we did it. The mountain I am speaking of is the one to the left of the small cave, we first saw the locals climb it like it was nothing, of course they did there locals. Well my brother being the risk taker he is decided to go for it, well needless to say he did it. Me and my friend looked at each other and said “if he can do it, why not me”, and proceeded to scare the living daylights out of me. People we are not talking about sneakers, jeans, t shirt and climbing equipment, we are talking about swim shorts, no shoes and a tank top, If you fall bye. After a few bruises and cuts on my shins we made it to the top, and oh what a view. My knees were still trembling at this point but the view was worth the whole 10 min I was up there, couldn’t stay much longer I was scared out my bird. Now getting down, no way the same way we came up it was just too steep for me and my friends. So we decided to go down the other side of the mountain which was a lot easier going down but not as easy getting on the beach. We had to sit on the mountain and basically slide down, causing some nice size scratches on my back (were men right?), this wasn’t even the hard part; the hard part was getting back to lovers beach. To accomplish this we had to crawl threw a small hole (as my friend screamed”there’s so many crab’s and there jumping”) jump on a rock, and into the basically a current of death. My brother and friend were very lucky in that they jumped at the perfect time catching the current pushing them inward, me being the bone head I am jumped in when the current was pushing outward and “slam” right into the rocks, I held on the rocks for 5 min because I couldn’t breathe and waited for the current to push inward. Sigh of relief I made it, “smack” dropped right on the sand and prayed that I made it. After all the locals clapped and screamed “crazy gringos” we got back on the boat and back to the pool. Arriving at the pool we meet up with the 5 beautiful ladies from New York, and started to get smashed, shots of tequila were flowing and hooking up started happening. Okay people I understand we are on vacation but please lets be adults, and keep the lip locking for your private time, I can understand a kiss in the pool but a full make out session in the pool with kids in every direction looking at you like they just snuck in a rated “R” movie is just not cool, and not respectful. After telling my friends this we decided that the whole group of us 11 of my crew and the 5 ladies will all go out for a night of bar hoping. Went to our rooms got changed and meet at the main lobby at 11:00(no nap time, and we ate at the buffet real quick, same food). Wow what a sight, the women I was with total knockouts, and then the other women we meet up with, heartbreakers. I mean we had one good looking crew, we all hoped in 2 cabs (20 flat per cab), and started the night off at Ripps Bar. What can I say about this place great price, great drinks, and some good music! Next Giggling Marlin, where all the upside down shots took place, some crazy audience participation and the right mode setter. Up next Squid Roe, yes again(we ended every night here) another crazy dancing night, we had a 2 table section with 16 New Yorkers going nuts. Me my brother, and my 2 guy friends decided to leave around 3am with the New York ladies, so we jumped in the cab (2.5 a head) and back to the Riu Santa Fe. If you were staying in building #7 and heard maybe a lot of screaming, laughing and jokes I am sorry this was the ladies building and they were party animals. So we went back to there room and enjoyed a good 2 hours of laughter, “KNOCK, KNOCK SECURITY” oh man we are in trouble, they asked us to kindly go back to our rooms as guest were starting to complain. We had no problem doing so as it was already 5:30am, 10 min walk to building #4 and time for some ZzZzZzZZZZzZzZZZzZzZz!!!!!