We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinese restaurants in Cabo?

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Chinese restaurants in Cabo?

I'm gonna blame my hubby for this question but he wants to know! We have bought just about every other kind of restaurant vouchers already for our trip but we need a couple of others for variety. Thanks!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,351 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinese restaurants in Cabo?

I love it! I actually love Chinese food, but have never even looked for it in Cabo. I did find the following info, but have no clue if it's still current. Hopefully someone that is there can help, but this will bump you up ;-)

Chino Chopstix

Chinese food. Some of our specials include Szechwan fish or beef, sweet and sour chicken or pork, beef or chicken with broccoli, black pepper chicken and chicken with asparagus. At Camino Viejo a San José, across from McDonald's. Ph: 143-7877, 143-8077. Daily 1:30am-10:pm. L, D - $

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinese restaurants in Cabo?

I don't think I would go to Cabo to eat Chinese food. With that said...I have eaten at a couple of the restaurants, and probably would return to only one. That is the one that is across the street from where The Original Trailer Park used to be...I believe it was way up on Matamoros? I know they have a lunch buffet and a regular menu. It is owned by the son of the owner of Las Gardenias. The father was Chinese. The other one I ate at was on Leona Vicaro, and I would not go back there. I don't know where in California you live, but if it is near San Francisco, you will NOT find good Chinese food in Cabo like San Francisco or Oakland. There are the Pan-Asian restaurants like Lans and Tsuki in the mall...I have not tried those nor the new one opened by the owners of Solmar, I believe it is Bohai. It would be the same owners as La Fonda, and Galeon. Because La Fonda is so good, perhaps I would try Bohai. I don't know if I've helped much. Again, everyone's tastes are different, so what I would consider awful Chinese food, you might think was good!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Gardenias
Gardenias
1,056 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
California
California
United States
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Solmar Resort
Solmar Resort
1,930 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinese restaurants in Cabo?

KatD...Chino Chopsticks closed long ago. It used to be on the road to PB Rose/Blanco on the left, about a block down from the fire station.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,351 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinese restaurants in Cabo?

Thanks, JJJ. I had no clue, but at least bumping this up has had some good results!

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chinese restaurants in Cabo?

JJJ, thanks for the info. We live in Socal. Yeah, Chinatown in San Fran can't be beat as well as NYC Chinese food, the best!! We're not looking for that kind of Chinese never gonna get down there! Just an average place. BTW we already bought our vouchers for Tsuki but that's Japanese teppan and sushi. Cant' wait to try it out. Believe me we'll be eating plenty of taco's at Gordo's and fish taco's at Gardenia's. Here's our list so far as to what were doing for some dinners.

Tsuki-haven't tried yet

Ole'ole'-haven't tried

La casa country- love the place

Viola-haven't tried

Pub de La Chapu-not yet

Baan thai-loved it

Jazmin's-loved it

La Bodega- not yet

If anyone has tried these I'd love your feedback.

Mentioned in this post
La Casa Country
La Casa Country
520 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Chinese restaurants in Cabo?

tedandlisa -

My brother and I ate at Ole' Ole' last month and it was a disappointment. Way over-priced, rude service, and not the cleanest. I had the taco soup (so-so) and the avocado with shrimp. Unless you really like a glob of lukewarm cream cheese with little specks of shrimp blended in, I wouldn't recommend that.

Brother had the chicken enchiladas and he said they were way too spicy and couldn't finish them. Total tab with 3 Coronas was around $45.00. Way to much for lunch.

Tip: If you are using vouchers, don't let them know ahead of time. The waiter made an exaggerated stinky face when he saw them.

This was our experience, your mileage may vary. =)

Julie

South Amboy, NJ
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chinese restaurants in Cabo?

Just my opinion, but there is no good Chinese food west of Chicago. I've even tried the chains like PF Changs on the west coast, but even though ok it's nothing to write home about. There is no comparison to the Chinese food in NJ, NY, Chicago, or Philly. I guess it has something to do with the water or something because I never had really good pizza,a good bagel or even pork roll which is available in Arizona now even that is not the same. Stick with the Mexican! Thats something in NJ that I'm still looking for thats authentic. On The Border isn't cutting it.

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Arizona
Arizona
United States
South Amboy, NJ
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chinese restaurants in Cabo?

I'm sure you can find really good sushi or sashimi in Cabo since it's the fishing capitol of the world. But I would skip the chicken chow mein and pork fried rice.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,351 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chinese restaurants in Cabo?

suesue, you definitely need to hit China Town in The City! You won't be sorry if you like good chinese food!

applnow, I can't believe you actually found spicy food! I had to request jalapenos in May! The pico de gallo was missing them in almost every place we ate! I was amazed at how mild all the food had become :(

South Amboy, NJ
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chinese restaurants in Cabo?

Kat, how pathetic is the Mexican in the east? LOL! I cant wait 6 more weeks and I'll finally get good Mexican food. My husband and myself have been dying for some good pico and guacamole. I eat Chinese every Thursday and pizza on Friday, I need a chimichanga or a good enchilada! I also want a really good Marguerita. I mean a REAL one. The Friday's mix is getting old.