We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buccaneer Queen?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Buccaneer Queen?

Has anyone gone on the Buccaneer Queen sunset cruise recently? We're looking for something that would be fun for both 50 year olds and 21 year olds. Nothing too crazy like the Jungle Cruise. And, we went on the Caborey a few years ago, and that was nice, but very quiet. We'd like something a bit in between the two. Any suggestions?

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buccaneer Queen?

fofosgirl,

We have not been on the Buccaneer Queen sunset cruise, but we had a lot of fun on their snorkling cruise. We also liked Tropicat's Sunset Jazz cruise but it was pretty mellow.

PS. I think that's the first I've heard that the Caborey was very quiet. I remember someone else complaining about the loud music so I'm guessing that it must vary.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,023 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buccaneer Queen?

fofosgirl ~ type this: "Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!" exactly into the forum search bar above, and you can read lots of contributions from last year. It sounds like the Buccaneer Queen would be a good choice for you. You can also try searching for other threads about the Buccaneer Queen, but remember that alternative spelling counts! (You won't find a thread with "Bucaneer" or "Buccanneer" unless you type it that way in your search, so you might just try "queen.")

Have fun!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,261 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buccaneer Queen?

We were on the CaboRey in May and it was not quiet. The band played 80's rock and everyone was having a great time drinking and dancing until we got back to the dock.

Several of the older passengers complained that it was too loud and went back downstairs. It was alot of fun!

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buccaneer Queen?

Another option is the Sunrider - we have gone on that twice with ages 10-78 yrs. Everyone enjoys it. They play music and stop the boat after sunset for a little bit of dancing. Sunrider has a great, fun crew and a plus they serve a really good buffet dinner also.

Dallas
Level Contributor
300 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buccaneer Queen?

I have been on the Buccanneer for sunset, snorkling and whale watching. All were great and a very fun crew. We took kids of all ages and of course us older one's. During the sunset cruise they did a real fun pirate show. Food/Snacks were not great, but we just planned to eat down on the marina when we got done. Have fun!

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
841 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buccaneer Queen?

I agree with DreamsofCabo and Sparty84, the Buccaneer Queen is a lot of fun for the right person. I'm 49 and my wife is 48 and we really enjoy the Buccaneer Queen.

The crew is entertaining and the activities are fun. In my opinion it’s the best party boat in Cabo. With that said, it is a party boat. I’ve been on it twice over the last two years and at times it seemed more like a fraternity party with a pirate theme then a sunset cruise.

A sunset cruise on the Buccaneer Queen will not be sedate but it will be fun. I definitely don’t think it’s too much for a 21 year old and most 50 somethings for that matter. I think you'll like it.

b.c. canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Buccaneer Queen?

we went on the queen for the sunset cruise,the pirate show was cute,lots of drinks,not much food wise,the disapointing thing was by the time we got to lands end it was to dark to take good pictures,next time we will do the day time cruise.........go i think you will have fun

8. Re: Buccaneer Queen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 20:20