We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do when it rains?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Things to do when it rains?

Well it looks like rain is in the forecast for most of the week. I had planned for fun in the sun, so what is there to do in Cabo when it rains?

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
428 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do when it rains?

I had the same forecast when I went for a week, it rained for an hour one of the days and then we had 3/4 of a day of heavy winds and rain (due to Tropical Depression Julio).

As for things to do...it's still hot out and the rain will drop the temp a wee bit and jump the humidity sky high. You can still hang out by the beach and have a blast!

…photobucket.com/albums/…IMG_4939.jpg

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
581 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do when it rains?

i alwalys take a deck of cards and a good book rather read or play cards in cabo then shovel snow in ohio

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,751 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do when it rains?

A bad day in Cabo is still better then any regular day at home. The rain is warm, stay under a palapa, eat, drink and enjoy the scenery.

TX
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do when it rains?

Totally agree with Attilla. And if I may be so crass as to suggest this: Just get wet! We recently returned from Puerto Vallarta where it rained on us a good deal, but instead of trying to duck it, we just got out and got drenched in it. We had the BEST time -- we felt like we had reverted to childhood, when we were so uninhibited and actually enjoyed playing in the rain!

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
961 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do when it rains?

All of the above and/or you can also grab an umbrella and head into town and shop, eat, or have a drink...or two! If you're lucky enough to be at the RIU you can also hang out at the sports bar and play a few games, get on-line, or watch some sports and you can still enjoy the nightly entertainment even if it's raining.

Central Coast, CA
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do when it rains?

We will be there this week too. Thanks for the suggestions. I guess Ill take my umbrella. I am hoping that it is just a quick shower and then gone. Im sure rain in Cabo is better than being home...BUT I still hope its not all rainy on us! =) I keep checking the forecast hoping it will change. haha.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do when it rains?

Go to Puerto Paraiso Mall. It's an American style indoor mall with lots of interesting stores....even the Harley Davidson Shop is interesting.

I wouldn't worry about the rain. It is sporadic and not a big deal. It is just light sprinkles on and off this morning. People just go on about their business and pay it no attention.

I noticed your location, I'm a former resident of Avila Beach.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do when it rains?

"We recently returned from Puerto Vallarta"

Don't want to hijack this thread, but why don't you start a new thread and contrast Cabo and PV. It would be interesting.

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do when it rains?

Go swimming ~ you're gonna be wet anyway ;-)

Central Coast, CA
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things to do when it rains?

Thanks~~ I hope you are right. That wouldnt be bad at all.

Avila is beautiful!!! Have you been back recently? After Unocal had to rebuild everything? Its so nice!