We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon in cabo or st martin??

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
honeymoon in cabo or st martin??

My fiance and I cannot decide where to go for our honeymoon in November. We are considering Cabo b/c of the weather and the resorts are beautiful. We think we may stay at Me or Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. We are reallllly big fans of the caribbean and want to do St Martin arent to crazy about risking it with the weather.

Our only turn off with Cabo are the beachs b/c you cant swim in them. I know there are a few but if we stay at Pacifica we wont be able to go in them

We like to rent cars and do some exploring to. What do you Cabo go-ers think? Is this the place for us??

california
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon in cabo or st martin??

The Me in cabo is very nice stayed many times the beach in front of the resort is good for swimming. Also the weather is great in Nov.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon in cabo or st martin??

Cabo is a great honeymoon spot but I think a better choice for a honeymoon would defintely be Puebblo Bonito than ME. ME is more for singles. Since you don't mind renting a car, don't worry about getting to a beach you can drive into town for Medano beach or you can just drive a little further to better beaches like Santa Maria beach and Chileno. Have a great time!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon in cabo or st martin??

ive read - mostly on this site that the Me is not very nice for honeymoons and thats it more of Vegas type party hotel. I dont mind some fun during the day but am not to crazy about feeling like im at a 24hr club thats stuffy either???

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon in cabo or st martin??

Yeah, I don't think you'd be happy with ME not real stuffy but more like springbreak 24/7 not a good honeymoon feel! I have not visited PB Pacifica but we recently stayed at PBSB next door and we were really impressed with the quality of the Pueblo Bonito resorts these 2 being the best a little nicer than the others so I've heard.

Seattle
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: honeymoon in cabo or st martin??

I am a timeshare owner in CAbo and a former owner in St Martin (Dutch side). I really love both but it was too difficult to get to St Martin from Seattle so I sold that off and havent been there in about 7 years.

However, before selling we spent several vacations down there and always ran out of time before running out of stuff to do. Small island that half Dutch and half French -makes it like two vacations in one visit. The water is like bath water and many calm areas, I'm not a strong swimmer but easily spent a lot of time in water. Easy to drive around in short amount of time. Also there are a few little islands that are easy day trips via ferry or catarman, etc. (Anguilla, St Barths, Saba)

Cabo is also beautiful and a lot of fun but in a different way. I've not ventured out beyond Cabo or San Jose much as these past years all I want to do is the beach, bar and a book thing - RELAXATION. YOu can read on here about different day trips people take and review about. The water is not as calm at SM but there are swimable beach areas. If you stay at the Pacifica you can take the Pueblo Bonito Shuttle from Sunset over to the Rose on Medano which is the swimable beach and also has all the bars and water activities (para sailing, jet skis, etc.) I think you can even buy a day pass to use the facilities at the ME on Medano if you wanted to check that out too.

Both have options for adult only hotels if you want to be away from family atmosphere - although in St Marteen (French side) there are many clothing optional beaches if that is a concern and/or option for you.

Alot of people on here rent cars in Cabo but I have found it easy to get around on foot or using the PB shuttle service with the occasional taxi if needed. But you can easily rent vehicle for all or part of your stay or look into renting a car/driver for day trips. YOu can do search above for that info.

It looks like coming from East Coast so consideration may be flight timings - not always fun to take a redeye on your wedding night.

Just remember wherever you are on your honeymoon is going to be awesome! Congratulations.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,945 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: honeymoon in cabo or st martin??

If youre reallllly big fans of the caribbean, Aruba is farthest south and for the most part usually clear of the hurricane season in November. Otherwise Id go to Cabo or somewhere in Mexico on the Pacific coast.

We love Cabo... but prefer Puerto Vallarta. PV has more culture, and offers all of the colonial charm of Mexico you wont find in Cabo; cobblestone streets, sculptures on the malecon (waterfront boardwalk), art galleries, fiestas, mariachis and shows in the center of town 'el centro' bigger 'swimable' beaches, and some of the best restaurants in all of Mexico!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: honeymoon in cabo or st martin??

So we have finally decided Cabo it is!!!! We are realllly excited. St Martin is out b/c we dont want to risk rain for entire week.

Now just have to decide where to stay. =)

Seattle
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: honeymoon in cabo or st martin??

Good Choice, I like Cabo better then SM.

Indiana
Level Contributor
274 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: honeymoon in cabo or st martin??

We have been to both and I prefer the Caribbean... love St. John's, St. Martin and Aruba. We actually are going to St. John's during Thanksgiving this year and I'm not worried about the weather.

Cabo is completely different, the water, the atmosphere and the people. We go there for spring break every year. That is the atmosphere in Mexico, you cannot venture out of your resort without being bothered by someone trying to sell you something, even when you are at a restaurant.

If you are looking for something relaxing and beautiful - go to the caribbean.

10. Re: honeymoon in cabo or st martin??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 07:27