We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm back...trip report

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
I'm back...trip report

Great to be back with mr. tooley!

Had a really fun trip. Seems like I was very busy every day so rarely had time to ck. in here.

Fishing--- Went on the Utopia on the second day and it was a super nice boat. Had grand ideas of hanging out in the inside cabin area, having snacks, visiting with the fishermen and hearing all their stories. Instead I had to stay out on deck to not feel ill. Anytime I went inside I felt sick. Marcie was the opposite and felt sick outside so we couldn't visit much. Only threw up twice. It was even a calm day!

Not fond of the baseball bat bashing and did alot of holding my ears and going--lalalala! :-0

Thanks so much to DreamsofCabo and Warren and Annie for inviting us! Glad to have "helped" pull in the Marlin for ya.

Food---

LaFonda was as good as I remember. Really like that restaurant! Great company too!

Baja Cantina has cheap eats that Marcie showed me. The $3. board had 6-8 appetizers to pick from. They were good and cheap.

Mariscos Mazatlon was good. Had cerviche there. Like the atmosphere.

Taco place across from Gordo Lele's--Saw a bunch of you eating there and everyone seemed to really like it. I had a carne taco and loved all the fixins but the beef was not as good as Gordo's super thin strips. Still, for $1.50 it was a place I will enjoy going to(not as much as Gordo's though). They have lots of different salsas, napales, cucumber, peppers, cabbage. I wanted to try a stuffed baked potato but never made it back there.

Senor Sweets is changing location so they were not open. I like the ice cream and sorbet at a small place down a few stores from Arumburo market. There limon sorbet is sooo good on a hot day!

Went twice to Salvatores. Love the ceasar salad and lasagna. Marcie and I split the lasagna and still had alot left over!

Maros Shrimp house on Hildago up from Panchos(on other side of street) is really good! The owner moved from another local and has quite a following. Nice man and quality food at a reasonable price.

All my breakfasts were at The Bungalows(yummy).

Colonies--

Went out three times. Much thanks to Dave, Matt and Vicente for driving! Thanks to Josh for taking pictures on our 2nd trip out. Thanks to those who helped pass out goodies and food and to those who made contributions!! We were able to give out 15 containers of food, lots of kites, toys and clothes. We were also able to help Javier with fixing his Samuri which is broken down. Hope he is able to get it fixed.

Loved every minute of the visits...except for the crash into the turtle, but I was fine. :-)

I was walking on the marina the last night and this guy I ran into working at Alexanders thanked me for a kite I had given him for his little girl last year. He said she just loved that kite and made him go out and fly it with her 5 times that day..

Yep, thats what it's all about! :-)

Gordo Lele update--

Javier took the bus to The Bungalows and met up with me. It was great because Junior, who helps manage Bungalows, was able to interpret. Javier was able to explain in spanish easier what was going on. He is in a real pickle. Not only has he lost his space but the home he was living in was supposed to be turned over to his name because he was paying the taxes and such. Well, the person that was collecting the money was not the owner and was not paying the bills and so his electricity and water has been turned off since January! It is a mess but he sure takes it all well. He said he is practicing every morning new songs. This business is his life and besides his two dogs there is nothing more important.

He loved the U-tube videos and the ones on TA. We sang along with it and sang a few Sinatra songs too. It was so neat!

The management at The Bungalows were telling me all the things Javier has done for others who have less then he has. He has a very big heart.

Junior said he will keep me posted.

I better stop. This is getting very long.

So glad I got to hang out with all you great people! It was soooo fun!!! :-)

Lyndi

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm back...trip report

Oh Lyndi.....

What a glorious time we all had...and you my dear "The Cabo Angel"...helped to make it so special...we are never more who we are meant to be than when we give of ourselves to others....and you my dear are one of the most giving people I have ever met....

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm back...trip report

Thanks dalababe,

I love that saying and it is so true that in those moments you feel the most alive. Hope you get to go out with us one of these times. I know you will love it! :-)

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm back...trip report

Welcome home Lyndi!!!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,874 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm back...trip report

I am glad it was such a great trip, and I'm glad you are home. Now-get some rest ;-)

Hugs to you!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
714 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm back...trip report

Welcome home Lyndi,

It sure sounds like you had such a wonderful trip. But you always seem to though. It always makes us feel so good inside when we read about your trips to the colonies. We can only hope we get a chance to go with you one of these times. You not only make so many people smile and it shows how much of a pasionate individual you truly are. We have to say--We Love you Lyndi.....Thanks for everything you always do for so many people and hope we get to meet in person sometime... I know it is really early to be planning for next year--but we have booked our time already for October 11th to the 25th 2009.. just maybe you will be there then and we get to meet..

Tom and Kim

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,187 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm back...trip report

Good to see our own little Danger Prone Daffney is home, safe and sound.

Lyndi, thank you so much for taking Matt and I out to the colonies with you. What a wonderful experience. You're such a doll.

I'm glad to hear Javier is okay, although it sounds like he has a boatload of problems to figure out. I wish him all the very best and hope that things get straightened out for him very quickly.

I hope I see you in December. We're arriving Nov. 30, fishing on Dec. 1, and then we have all week to hang out. I'd certainly love to go to the colonies again if you're there and making another trip in that timeframe. If not, it'd just be nice to see you again.

Thanks for the trip report. Welcome home. :)

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
282 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm back...trip report

Lyndi,

Thank you for taking care of the Colony business for us . We love ya'!

Richie, Kevin, Chris, & Mike

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm back...trip report

Welcome home, Lyndi! Thanks for all the great updates, etc!

Rogers, MN
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm back...trip report

Welcome back Lyndi - it was so great to finally meet you in person - hopefully we will be there again at the same time and will be able to make a colony trip with you. Thanks also for the update on Javier - I hope he is able to get things worked out - I really missed his tacos this time! Take care and rest up for your next trip in December :)

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,413 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm back...trip report

Welcome home Lyndi! I look forward to meeting you at Playa Grande in December!

Sandy