We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report 101/11 - 10/18....

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
54 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
trip report 101/11 - 10/18....

I need to get this out before I get too lazy or I forget even more of the week!! So here goes.

Sat 10/11 The morning the hurricane was supposed to hit nearby. We were a little concerned, but the flight was great. We arrived and Transcabo was there waiting for us (we booked thru cabosanlucas tours and it was $15 p/p). While checking into Cabo Villas Resort we received our 1st margarita and chips - nice way to start. We were lucky because our room was ready. We should have taken our luggage with us.... even with various phone calls it took them 3 hours to bring them to us. In the meantime, since it was somewhat cloudy - decided to go to City Club. I had thought it was a little like a Costco - but it was basically a Costco. We bought way too much food (8 pounds of sugar!!! etc) and there were only 3 of us. The sugar was about $3, so at a small market probably pay the same. Walked there, took a cab back. When we got to the condo, the refridgerator and the elevator did not work. The poor guys from the hotel ended up hauling one up from the 4th floor (we were on the 6th). There were a few other issues as well. Not that big a deal. I have to say no matter what happened the employees at Cabo Villas were always nice, helpful and respectful. The property also was very clean.That night went to Mango Deck. Had a good dinner (a seafood platter) a little on the expensive side. So tired, then went to bed.

I will try not to be so wordy from now on!!!!

Sunday 10/12 decided to do a little shopping at Puerto Pariaso - ended up spending most of the day there!! My friend got a pedicure at a shop on the same floor as the food court... 350 pesos including parafin wax (they did a really good job). That afternoon met up with "tooley" at Rips to go to the colonies. As everyone has said before - she is a wonderful lady with a big heart! I had never experienced anything like that and it was really thought provoking. That evening Tooley, my friend and I went to dinner at (I think) Mariscos Mazatlan, had the ceviche - it was great. Then went dancing at El Squid Roe, till about 2 am. I hear she doesn't usually do this... so thank you so much for joining us.

Monday 10/13 Met Tooley at the Bungalows - what nice people - had a homemade breakfast burrito and fresh pear juice. After some problems with my friends credit card (they say it was "comprimised" at about the same time we were at City Club) Just an FYI - I think it's best to use pesos as much as possible. No worry about credit card problems and the exchange rate was really in our favor. We went to Playa Grande - totally difference atmoshphere to Medano - really pretty and quiet. That evening the Cabo Villas had a little appetizer party where they had tequila tastings... told us it usually costs $45 for a particular bottle, in their store $40, but for us $28.... my friend bought a bottle - then we found it in a souvenir store for $25. It was the extra dollars that was annoying - but that we were lied to .She talked to the owners of the shop and they ended up letting her keep the bottle and giving her the money back! That night we met tooley and went to Salvatore's - really great food and nice atmosphere, although that night there was a church revival going on - so the music was a little different.

Tuesday 10/14- mostly spent the day on the beach. Met a nice group of people. That afternoon our friend arrived and in the evening we went to dinner with the group to Sand bar (I think) - had a long table, and they even made a fire for us to roast marshmellows! After dinner, I couldn't help myself and I went to Squid Roe with them.

Weds. 10/15 - Went on Oceanus snorkelling tour. We also did the "mini-sub" on board. It's kind of like those old-fashioned bubbles that you put on your head to scuba dive. We were the only 3 on the boat that were doing that - so we got alot of personal attention - each one of us had their personal guide! We booked it thru Vincent on the marina (I think his company is Cabo Tours) - Tooley knows him well and he was our driver to the colonies. There wasn't much to the snack, but the bar was all you can drink! After that we went to Solomon's Landing - wish I had brought the info with pictures that I had... cause I think we didn't order the right things.

I think that night we just went to Baja Cantina and to bed.

Thurs. 10/16- had breakfast at Sand bar and Vicent had a water taxi pick us up there and take us to Lover's/Divorce Beach for a couple of hours. Came back spent time on the beach. That night went to Giggling Marlin - did the crazy stuff with everyone else!! then went to Cabo Wabo - then swam in the ocean at 3 am!! It was a fun night.

Fri 10/17 - thought we were going to spend the day at the beach recuperating - instead went to Mama's for breakfast - really good - lot's of breakfast dishes and famous stuffed french toast. About an hour later went parasailing. Booked thru Baja Sports right in front of Cabo Villas - with a guy named "Valdo" - I think he has been there a long time. Afterwards had a great massage with Javier - also in front of Cabo Villas - $30 and it lasted about 40 min.

One of those last two days we also did a sunset horseback ride booked with Cabo San lucas tours using the Red Rose Stables. I had mixed feelings about this one. When I got on the horse originally, it started to try to buck me... the guide said it was because I had a piece of paper in my hand..that wasn't a good reason for me, so I asked for another horse. The ride wasn't what I envisioned - we passed a fair amount of garbage and a cemetary on the way to the beach, couldn't really see the whole sunset over the buildings and was stopped by the beach police because we were riding on the beach and we were supposed to be behind a barbed wire fence on the beach. Our guide - Lupe - was a very happy-go-lucky guy tho.

Our last night was spent at Salvatore's - I think the owner's son is named Matt - a really nice guy and the music was a little different - Frank Sinatra - it matched the atmosphere better.

I may have not gotten the days and nights in the perfect order - but I did get the jest of what we did. I would love to go back again. One of the best things about Cabo is the people. I have travelled quite a bit and just because you are in a tourist area doesn't mean the locals treat you that great. The people in Cabo were just nice and helpful everywhere.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report 101/11 - 10/18....

Welcome back!

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your trip. Glad you made it back to Salvatores. What about Friday with John? Did that work out?

Sounds like you guys had a great time even after I left.;-)

It ws so nice meeting you both!

Lyndi

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
54 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report 101/11 - 10/18....

We didn't end up meeting with John - hope he wasn't upset. It was great meeting you too.

I will try to keep looking at trip advisor - would love to go again and meet up with you and possibly meet other TA'rs.

3. Re: trip report 101/11 - 10/18....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 01:19