We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rollerblading in Cabo San Lucas?

Red Deer
1 post
Save Topic
rollerblading in Cabo San Lucas?

Just wondering about taking our in line skates.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: rollerblading in Cabo San Lucas?

Nope....not unless you are into broken bones...:(

The side walks are very narrow..uneven..broken and in many cases just plain difficult to walk on...not recomended for wheelchairs...strollers...or rollerblading...Sorry...:(

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rollerblading in Cabo San Lucas?

You *might* be able to rollerblade a little bit around the marina. But even there, the concrete is uneven in places. Cabo just isn't a very roller-blade friendly town. Honestly, I don't think it'd be worth dragging them to Cabo as you will get little to no use out of them.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rollerblading in Cabo San Lucas?

Leave the rollerblades at home. Really, no place to use them here.

STL
Level Contributor
403 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rollerblading in Cabo San Lucas?

There is always Walmart or Costo parking lot....

Naa.... leave them at home is your best bet.

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rollerblading in Cabo San Lucas?

I had to laugh. I'm such a klutz I have a hard time walking in Cabo :) The sidewalks and streets really aren't rollarblade friendly.

goleta CA
Level Contributor
204 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: rollerblading in Cabo San Lucas?

I got a good laugh from this question, but not because it wasn't a good question. I have seen some funny stuff in Cabo due to the less than perfect sidewalk conditions! I tore ligaments in my ankle one year when I stepped in a hole that had been covered by a rug at the entrance to a hotel. NO, I wasn't drunk (at least not at that moment). I've seen many a face plant due to uneven walkways etc... At night, the side streets are often dimly lit. Not a good combination. Funny though!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rollerblading in Cabo San Lucas?

Cabo is not friendly to rollerblading, unless you want to hang out at Costco's parking lot as Davo.. said.

Walking on the streets in Cabo with two feet on the ground is a challange in itself.

come to Cabo for the beach, sun and fun. Then plan a trip to Venice Beach, Ca. for a rollerblading trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
820 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rollerblading in Cabo San Lucas?

agree with Lynn! the sidewalks in Cabos are not heels friendly, you really need to "watch" where you're going...even with flat shoes or runners!

9. Re: rollerblading in Cabo San Lucas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 04:18