We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fact or Fiction

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Fact or Fiction

I just read 2 very different opinions posted in the last couple of days....

1)

Probably just as well he didn't find anything before now. Just got off the phone with my husband who is down there. He said it is DEAD on the marina. The oyster shack we used to go to is closed, Corner Cafe (home of the mamarita) is closed. Jerry (JC's Sportsfishing) told him Tesoro has 97% vacancy right now. Probably why they are running the $40/nite special off travelticket now thru Feb.

Hope by the time Javier gets up and going, things have picked up.

2)

It appears to me that things are really getting busy, as busy as ever. There were 4 cruise ships in the harbor at one time earlier this week. Lots of traffic on the 4 lane. It looks like most resorts are operating at close to 100% occupancy. Peso is right at 14 to 1. We ate at Guacamayas in San Jose last night. Every table was full at 7pm and it only gets busier as the night wears on. 50% of the patrons were gringos.

There is only one way to describe the weather here right now and that is.......DELICIOUS! Bring lots of sunscreen and shorts!

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fact or Fiction

I think before this question possibly turns into a "tug o'war"...

My mother always said to me "believe 1/2 of what you see and nothing of what you hear"....Well I'm not in Cabo right now...so I can't help get the facts...but just who or what determins fact from fiction....???

It could be just a simple a difference in time of day ..location...day of the week...or perception...1/2 full...1/2 empty...

Both of these posters are reputable and respected on the Forum...So what is fact or fiction...??

In 5 days I'll be going down to Cabo...and if I find time while I am emjoying good people..food ...fun..I'll try to find a way to send up my observations...but they won't be Facts...

That much I CAN guarantee...:)

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fact or Fiction

"In 5 days I'll be going down to Cabo..."

Go ahead, rub it in my face... again. PLEASE, one more time what was that? "In 5 days I'll be going down to Cabo..." Aaaarrrggh! Dala! Can you bring me back some sunshine?

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fact or Fiction

Just My "glowing tan" and happy smile when I see you and Marcia at the party at Che' Glyniss....;)

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,755 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fact or Fiction

Ok...Dala and I will be scouts..our mission, should we decide to accept it...and you know we will..will be to have fun..drink and eat alot..in that order..and report back how busy we feel Cabo is..OK?

Mission NOT impossible!!

~g

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,755 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fact or Fiction

Dala....if you are sleeping in my guest suite the least you can do is spell my name right!!

Jeezo!!:)

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fact or Fiction

O.K.....O.K....so I got it kinda sissssssy...instead of all nnnnnnneedy....your fingers aren't perfect either girlfriend...!!!! ;)

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fact or Fiction

Girls, have another drink and say goodnight. Love you both. Last one to Cabo wins.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,755 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fact or Fiction

Crap!! Dala wins...she gets in after me....darn...darn...

Wait...I leave after her...so I win!!

Dala...perhaps that was the french spelling of my name....kinda grows on ya:) as do you...getting mushy now...bed time!!!

Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
484 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fact or Fiction

Thought I would weigh-in on this one as we are sitting in Cabo rigth now. It seems reasonable busy. Last night we did Cabo Wabo and walked the area with all the bars, they were probably over half full. Our Transcabo tour guide, a taxi driver and several waiters at restaurants we have visited are complaining how quiet it is right now. But that will change with American thanksgiving next weekend.

there are lots of cars on the roads, even late at night. Our hotel in SJD is less than 50% full as we are told are many others. The marina was busy yesterday afternoon with tourists but not crowded. We have had no trouble getting a seat in a restaurant but there are lots of people around.

That probably doesn't help you much, I agree it is a 1/2 full 1/2 empty perspective. For us this has been perfect. Our first trip and we are able to learn the ropes and figure out how to get around with no pressure from crowds. Next time may be different, I only know I can't wait to come back!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,220 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fact or Fiction

I have to agree-it depends on a lot of things, but I do know that it is slower than usual this year, based on past years. This is also the "slow" season, except for the Thanksgiving period, so it is never as busy as the more traveled times of year. Sadly, hotel occupancy is down this year over last year and in some areas, businesses have not survived. Let's just all hope the air fares start going down a bit and things get back to "normal". I know, I'm lucky to be able to head down in less than 2 weeks!