We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo Azul Advice/Question?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
355 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cabo Azul Advice/Question?

This is for anybody that's booked and stayed or called for information. I called Friday night becuase they weren't coming up with any availability for March. We're planning to come to Cabo but due to my husband's job we're waiting to see if he has a committment the end of March. When I called it was not like calling your typical hotel (for instance the Marquis where we stayed the last time in Cabo), where you got a reservationist, etc.

Tonight a person called me back with what felt like a pretty high pressure sales pitch. I told him that I couldn't commit to anything today and was just trying to get available dates in March (which i never did get). He told me I could stay with a package for $649 with 2 50 minute spa treatments free and that include tax, everything, if i came Sunday to Thursday (4 nights) and then for thur, fri and sat. it would be $317 a night plus tax and $100 dining credit at Javiers. However he kept wanting to know what package i found (which was actually on VRBO but clearly not an individual owner listing) and then kept trying to convince me to book an "open-ended package" where i could purchase the trip and travel anytime in the next 12 months at that rate.

I really want to stay there, it looks really nice, but the strange "reservation" system and what felt like a really high pitched sale (he told me this offer, conveniently, expires tomorrow).

Did anyone else encounter this and if you have stayed there did you book through someone other than the resort for these good rates and less hassle? Thanks!

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo Azul Advice/Question?

The package that you have found is a promotional package....It is intended to get you to the new resort so they can attempt to then sell you a timeshare membership....If you will notice the average rate per night at the resort is over $1,000.00.

Offering the special package is part of their sales plan...and the person you spoke to on the phone is paid by the number of confirmed bookings he is able to secure not by how many questions he answers ....It's very much like the timeshare people folks you'll find all over Mexico and the world....they make their living selling...

The resort is reported to be beautiful...and the packages are a very good deal....Just be aware that it is a "promotional" package...

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo Azul Advice/Question?

I have stayed at the resort through Monarch Grand vacations. It is very nice. You can do one of their promotions or get a week through Interval International. Food there wasn't great and very expensive.

3. Re: Cabo Azul Advice/Question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 12:17