We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a bit confused: time share/perks/PG - question in post

Washington
Level Contributor
327 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
a bit confused: time share/perks/PG - question in post

Somewhat recently said they took Tooley's advice about showing a time share offer to get perks at PG. Can someone further explain?

We are staying at PG 3/29-4/5. My inlaws own it (fixed week) and are letting us use it. So, we know which unit and building already. I presume since PG knows we are guests of my inlaws that they will try and get us to attend a presentation.

Do I need to attend a different resort time share presentation and show that to PG to get additional perks? I'm not interested in any time shares (we can use my inlaws every year, because they are now too old and won't go again - this will be our first year) but I do like the idea of perks..

If someone can clarify and explain I'd really appreciate it. I want to get perks for minimal time on my part! (I guess, don't we all?!?!)

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a bit confused: time share/perks/PG - question in post

No, you just have to get an OFFER for a timeshare presentation somewhere else. Typically the salesperson will write down what perks they are offering you to come see their resort. Try to get a cash offer. Then before you go on that tour, take your written offer to PG and they will usually match it in resort credit so you will take their tour and not the other one. Then just don't go to the other resort.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a bit confused: time share/perks/PG - question in post

Right-O, househunter. :-)

Washington
Level Contributor
327 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a bit confused: time share/perks/PG - question in post

Where would I most likely get this offer from another resort? At the airport? or just wandering around cabo? Do I need to get it before we check in to PG? Since upon check-in is usually where we're presented with the options to go to a time share - at least that's how it was in Acapulco and PV.

If I do get another time share offer with perks in writing - you say not to show up. (which I have no intention of doing), But don't they need a contact phone number from me? Or do they just hand out time share offers with perks written?

Washington
Level Contributor
327 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a bit confused: time share/perks/PG - question in post

must clarify....I have NO intention of showing up at a time share presentation....but I do want perks...

I guess I just need to stay firm and say NO and sue all the TA advice. :)

Washington
Level Contributor
327 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a bit confused: time share/perks/PG - question in post

one last question regarding this...are there any resorts in particular that offer great cash perks for their time share presentations?

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: a bit confused: time share/perks/PG - question in post

I PMed you. :-)

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: a bit confused: time share/perks/PG - question in post

you only get the perks if you sit through the presentation. If you truly want the perks, make sure that whatever you agree to with the shark is written on the invitation. You will only be given what is written down. When sitting through the presentation, just be firm and say that you're not interested in buying. You will most likely have to talk to a final "closer" after you tell your guide "no". We did Playa Grande last year and it was no pressure.

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
667 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: a bit confused: time share/perks/PG - question in post

OK, I currently own at PG but bought in 2005.. What is some new alternative to offer me? Upgraded time, floating weeks..want to know what to expect since we have not been to a newer timeshare presentation since we bought and I too want some cash perks (and would love a fishing trip if they do those anymore...)

9. Re: a bit confused: time share/perks/PG - question in post

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 20:17