We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-20's couple, Riu Santa Fe, May 1-6 - cheap fishing?

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mid-20's couple, Riu Santa Fe, May 1-6 - cheap fishing?

The lady and I are headed down for our first trip to Cabo and really looking forward to it, thank you for everyone who has posted their reviews here.

Don't think she's gonna want to take a boat out fishing, and I'd like to go one day while I'm down there. Probably just a center-console panga, not really trying to spend $1,000 to catch marlin... but some dorado, sailfish, or tuna would be nice. Anybody interested in splitting a cheap charter down there?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
495 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid-20's couple, Riu Santa Fe, May 1-6 - cheap fishing?

I will be there the same time. I have fished Cabo twice before and it is amazing. I am interested in tagging along and spliting the costs (even though I am a Duke fan!!!). Let me know.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid-20's couple, Riu Santa Fe, May 1-6 - cheap fishing?

A duke fan? I'll try not to rub it in too bad.

What kind of fishing did you do there before? Were you on sportfishers, or center consoles?

I spent a semester in Mazatlan 5 years ago and preferred the local charter guys because of the price - I wasn't out to set any IGFA world marlin records, but we still caught plenty of sails and dolphin... just had to tell them ahead of time that we wanted to release any bills we caught. The local guys' sportfishers were really cheap, about 300 dollars US total plus tip, you could have 6 anglers on the boat. The pangas were about half that price, 3 or 4 anglers. They were either 6 or 8 hour trips (6:00 AM till 2:00 PM or 7:00 AM till 1:00 PM) - can't remember exactly. If I recall correctly, it was only about a 30 minute ride after leaving the dock till we'd start putting out lines.

Just curious how your Cabo fishing experiences have compared.

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid-20's couple, Riu Santa Fe, May 1-6 - cheap fishing?

Tarheels,

If you are looking for inexpensive panga for a in tight day of fishing, take a look at Gordo Banks Pangas.

Eric Brickston has some very nice pangas and the prices are right. Check the website for all the details. Gordo Banks is always highly recommended, they are in San Jose Del Cabo in the new Marina.

www.gordobanks.com

Enjoy,

F4B

North Carolina
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid-20's couple, Riu Santa Fe, May 1-6 - cheap fishing?

Sweet, thanks Fish4Brains!

SkiAlpineAdventures
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid-20's couple, Riu Santa Fe, May 1-6 - cheap fishing?

We arrive May 2 till the 6 and would be interested in splitting a charter. It's myself and my father in law.

Dallas
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid-20's couple, Riu Santa Fe, May 1-6 - cheap fishing?

I arrive on May 1 and leave on May 7 I would be interested in splitting the cost of a nice panga.

7. Re: Mid-20's couple, Riu Santa Fe, May 1-6 - cheap fishing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2009, 06:17