We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancelled our trip

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MO
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cancelled our trip

Hi everyone!

We cancelled our trip.

After days of weighing in all options and trying to be optimostic and realistic... We did not feel safe and relax enough to go on with plans.

this would be our first time in cabo, and we waited months for it, and I personally refuse to put mask on any where during my relaxing beach trip.

I am a worrier by nature and would like to think that we are very responsible parents for postponing the trip.(and hey, cabo will always be there)

it was right for us to cancel, it might not be right for others...

it felt so bad though...and sometimes, making a right decision feels so bad.

on a lighter note...we got full refund :)

La Paz, Mexico
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancelled our trip

Yippee?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,541 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancelled our trip

Everyone's decision must be based on their personal situation. Postponing the trip until you & your family can have the wonderful time you deserve is a great idea.

When do you think you'll reschedule? Cabo is fabulous most times of the year (just a bit hot in the late summer....)

MO
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancelled our trip

yippee or not, I am not asking for emotions...

I am only sharing this because this forum is a source that people come to get experiences.

I have seen people here waiting to see what others will do, going or not going...

I am not single, I am not college kid, and I can not afford being quaranine, or my chils being quarantine.

I have seen people make jokes like being quarantine on the beach, yeah, how about in a hospital where you dont even understand what medication you are being served and i am gordo lele is not cartering in that hospitol either... so be smart before say stuff.

I love sense of humor, but smart ones c'mon people.

there are many families going on trips like us, and I guess they are like us waiting to see is is it safe to take their kids or not.

so no, cancelling this trip is not yippee, but being responsible is yessss yippeeeee.

MO
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancelled our trip

its funny pacific, we did chose the perfect time of year, and we got it as graduation gift.. so I guess next year???

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancelled our trip

I agree with Rachel. Everyone has to make the decision that is best for them and it sounds like you did what is best for you and your family.

I personally think April-June and late October-December are the best times of the year to go.

We are still deciding whether or not to go next month but it has more to do with taking more time off from work than anything else.

MO
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancelled our trip

how is cabo on christmas? weather ? and how crowded? thanks.

northwest
Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancelled our trip

Im sorry to hear you had cancelled your trip, next time guys.

I think from the news in the states that i will feel safer in cabo than here right now.

Mike

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,541 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancelled our trip

Next year in May is a wonderful choice. I bet tooley will be there for the month (she is a lucky frequent Cabo visitor.)

I have a "child" (she's 19) who has health issues. If she were traveling with me, I'd probably cancel a trip. If it were the rest of the family, I'd go. So I can definitely understand your concerns, and I'm glad that you made the right decision for YOUR family. Of course I'm sad that the economy in Cabo is suffering so much from this health challenge, but you can spend your tourist dollars in May 2010!

MO
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancelled our trip

THANKS

pacific and everyone who gave me advice when i wanted to plan my trip.

you are all huge assets here for people like us who are going to a new place, and I learned a lot.

now if you excuse me, I will not come back here until I buy my tickets for cabo.

for now I am too jelous to be here!!!! ;)

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,992 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancelled our trip

Eli, before you go, please consider November or December. Weatherwise, those are my favorite months.

I'm glad you were able to successfully cancel. I knew that if you waited, AA would allow you to cancel flights without fees.

See ya back on the forums when you reschedule your Cabo trip. :)