We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pueblo bonito resort at sunset beach - Ocean use

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Shore of Lake...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
pueblo bonito resort at sunset beach - Ocean use

I am getting ready to book a trip in Feb. Reading reviews, most information states there is no ocean swimming or wading at this resort, but does not state why! Can some one provide me with some details. Also, I think I read somewhere, if you walk further up the beach, swimming is possible.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
55,826 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pueblo bonito resort at sunset beach - Ocean use

No swimming on the Pacific side. Incredible wave action and undertow. Swimming at Medano Beach (free shuttle ride from the PBSB.)

Check out some of the photos travelers have posted of the beach at the PBSB. It's beautiful but deadly. NewGrama has a good one called "Big Waves at Sunset Beach" (hope this link works... tripadvisor.com/…17873781 )

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pueblo bonito resort at sunset beach - Ocean use

That picture says it all. Those waves can will kill you.

Sunset Beach is a luxurious resort! And the best way to enjoy the ocean is to listen to the crashing waves.

The safe swimming beach is a 20 minute shuttle ride away.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
14 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pueblo bonito resort at sunset beach - Ocean use

We stayed at the Holistica, next door to PBSB and owned by same. The waves were so strong that I literally got knocked over on my tailbone (ouch) just by wading a little. We like to swim/snorkel at Chileno beach and Santa Maria beach, up the corridor. Public bus goes to them. We usually rent a car. They are not commercial like the downtown beaches like Medano.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pueblo bonito resort at sunset beach - Ocean use

They actually have security guards walking the beach at Sunset and Pacifica to prevent people from getting to close, also they have signs all down the beach as well.

5. Re: pueblo bonito resort at sunset beach - Ocean use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2010, 06:21