We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tesoro, I'm convinced!

St. Louis Mo
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tesoro, I'm convinced!

Has the best rates and I like the location. We're cabo newbies and we're planning on booking a junior suite. Should we ask for a marina view or an ocean view? We're not renting a car but it sounds like there are plenty of good cheap bars and restaurants. What is the cheapest and best shuttle service to and from the airport? and is the free water taxi still operating? We're going to be on foot but what can't we miss seeing on this 5 day trip to cabo? Thanks isla

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
893 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tesoro, I'm convinced!

I don't know if Tesoro has a "true" ocean view room since it's located right on the Marina. I've stayed there once and you might be able to see the ocean from the room but that's by looking over the marina.

You definately don;t need a car if you are staying here unless you are planning day trips out of the area, you are walking distance to everything.

Shuttle from the airport I recommend Arturo at TransLobo... He will have his lap top and show you a slide show on your ride to town and give you all kinds of info on Cabo and the surrounding areas, stuff I never even knew and I had been there 18times before using him, LOL he can be contacted at translobo@gmail.com if he doesn't respond within a day email him again as he gets his emails on his blackberry but he is usually very good about returning your emails. It is $75 each way for as many epople as you can fit in the van and I think well worth it!!!

As far as the free water taxi not really sure what you are refering to on that?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
63,557 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tesoro, I'm convinced!

I agree with MetalMan; Arturo www.TransLobo.blogspot.com has the best reputation for private transfer. The cheapest shared shuttle transfer is www.CaboSanLucasTours.net at $15.25 per person each way.

Here is a view of the Tesoro: wikimapia.org/…h No ocean view.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tesoro, I'm convinced!

Definitely book a marina view room - you can see the ocean over the top of the marina, you are just not on the beach. We have stayed at the Tesoro and will be staying there again in April. There is always something happening in the marina.

St. Louis Mo
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tesoro, I'm convinced!

Thanks everyone. Arturo at translobo sounds good! I like the idea of marina view because we can watch all the boat action etc. I was was just hoping to see a whale or two.The Tesoro is supposed to have a complimentary water taxi over to Pueblo Bonito on the beach. hope it's still running. We will be there Dec.17th thru the 22nd. Hubby woould love to go deep sea fishing if anyone has an open spot on a boat that needs filled. It's just not in the budget for us both to charter a boat but we could afford for him to go.

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,856 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tesoro, I'm convinced!

Yes it's correct from that hotel you're easy walking distance to most all of the restaurants that get regularly recommend on this forum. Loads of wonderful, reasonably priced places. Hardest part is deciding which ones to fit into a limited time in Cabo! I used the TransCabo shuttle thru www.cabosanlucastours.net and it worked great for me at ~$30 round-trip.

Seattle
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tesoro, I'm convinced!

Yes it is reasonably priced and the location is right in the middle of town. But in all honesty, it is a bit of a dive. I would not call Tesoro a resort of any kind. The best thing about it is that you can stumble home from the bars relatively easily. Just one persons opinion. Have fun on your trip!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tesoro, I'm convinced!

I've always used TranCabo for transportation from the airport. They will only take you to the hotel and not back. you will have to take a taxi back to the airport as the taxi's have an agreement with the suttle services. you can take to the dest at the hotel to get transportation back for about $18US per person. The Tesoro does not have free water taxi service to Medano beach anymore. The hotel has gotten much better over the past couple of years and is a very good place to stay. The service is good, the rooms are clean as is the rest of the hotel. try to get a room close to the elevators as it can be a walk. The pol is on the second floor. Some people do niot like the pool as it is not very big compared to others. I found it to be just fine. the food is not that great at the Tesoro but at least it is not mandatory to take the AI as in the past! The location is great and you will want to get a marina view which you will be able to see the ocean out and beond! Have fun and check out all the great restaurants on the marina behind the Tesoro! :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,856 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tesoro, I'm convinced!

Clarification to the post above, it depends what hotel you are staying at. TransCabo was able to do a round-trip for me from Mar de Cortez.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tesoro, I'm convinced!

We're referring to Tesoro here, so the no r/t transportation info does apply to this post. Don't want to make it more confusing then necessary

St. Louis Mo
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tesoro, I'm convinced!

The tesoro is still advertising the water shuttle on their website but their also still advertising an AI choice which I understand is no longer available so we'll see. Thanks for all the great advice . Can't wait to get back to mexico! Even though my husband and I were robbed by the cancun police a few months ago. That is a good story and a first for me since we've been going to the Yucatan forever. But it invoved driving and being pulled over. So we will be on foot or in a taxi! Just wanting to relax before the Christmas Holidays. thanks, Isla