We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen or Grizzly

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Copenhagen or Grizzly

Is it hard to find smokeless tobacco (tobaccy?) in Cabo?

You'd be surprised but there have been times when we've had a hard time finding it in the US, specifically the southern states! Just want to know if I should pack a stash, or if, like cigarettes they are plentiful and cheap down there. Thanks in advance.

BTW, my hubby like Grizzy Snuff, not the other "flavors" like menthol and such. He used to chew regular Copenhagen and has no problem with that, he just doesn't like all the other varieties of Griz.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen or Grizzly

My husband also chews Grizzly. I don't know if we've ever had to buy any when we've gone down, so I can't tell you. I'm sure that they have it, but it's probably pretty pricey. I would say to be on the safe and cheap side to pack the cans with you in your carry on--they don't take up a huge amount of room, and you'd have the peace of mind knowing that he has it. I know if Mark ran out of his tobacco, it would be a miserable vacation!

Graham, Washington
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen or Grizzly

I smoke, and something to think about when buying tobacco products in a different country, is that you will be buying their 'export' products. This means the product can sometimes not stack up with the quality your husband might have gotten used to.

Plus I am pretty picky. So I bring my own smokes with me. (I figure I'm not very likely to find Paul Mall Lights in a box on every corner store in CSL) :)

I believe you can take 1 carton cigarettes w/o having to declare. I would equate that to 10 cans, give or take. Cans are small, better safe than sorry.

Now that I think of it, I can remember LOTS of places to buy cigarettes, and "REAL" Cuban cigars, but not a lot on the smokeless tobacco side. Might be that I just wasn't looking, but better safe than sorry. Pack it in.

Good luck finding Snus almost ANYwhere except metro areas of the States and Sweden!

3. Re: Copenhagen or Grizzly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2010, 05:18