We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

timeshare incentives

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stewartville
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
timeshare incentives

Hi everyone. Mt husband and I are coming to Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in Feb. Does anyone know what kind of incentives they are giving out for listening to there timeshare talks. Is it worth our time? Should we hold out for more incentives or take what they offer right a way? Thanks for your input.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,613 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: timeshare incentives

Lot of info if you put timeshare presentations in the search bar.

In mexico you negotiate your deal. They usually will start low. I think Cash us dollars are the best incentive Vs activities/food. With cash you can spend it as you please and are not locked in to the activity/food provider they give you. $300 seems to be a number many people get. Some claim to have totaled $600 value worth of activities and car rental, food ,ect. If you plan on going to a few, Get them close to where you are staying. No sense in spending a lot of money and time traveling all over the Los Cabos area.

Level Contributor
1,687 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: timeshare incentives

Seekingwarmer....when will you be there in Feb. We are leaving this frozen area Feb 11 and will also be staying at sunset beach. Another blizzard today and tomorrow.....

Stewartville
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: timeshare incentives

Hi Tired Mom of 5 kids We are leaving this frozen area on Feb. 10th. With more snow and cold coming tonight and tomorrow it is not soon enough.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
710 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: timeshare incentives

I'm also interested in what Sunset has to offer. We will be there in mid Feb as well. I've read reviews that have stated $200 in resort credit,, spa credit of $100 per $40 you spend?? , and maybe 1/2 off activities. These reviews were old, so I'm not quite sure if this is still the case or if this resort is willing to negotiate.

Has anyone been there recently?

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,997 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: timeshare incentives

The way to get the best deal is to get an 'invitation' from the airport from another hotel (none of the PB hotels). Make sure the invitation is written up for $200-300 USD Cash (not a bunch of "stuff").

Then, when you check in at PBSB, they'll ask you if you received an invitation. You say "yes" and hand it to them. They'll match it (up to a point as each resort has a budget they must stick to).

If you show up with no "invitation" from another resort, what they offer you will be far less than what you'll get if you pony up an "invitation" from another resort.

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
295 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: timeshare incentives

Just back from cabo. we "worked" a few TS and found that incentives have dropped some from previous years. We shop the guys on the street and marina. The Encantada was paying cash USD starting at 200 we went for 250. PBSB was paying in pesos, highest we found was 2000. Cabo Villas shelling out pesos as well . and this year we even survived the mayan.. only cause the guys worked us a little too.. cost em 200 plus the cab fare to SJ which we needed anyway to get to the airport. Which if you dont watch out for could cost you up to 70US from SL. And despite what we had heard, the Mayan wasn't brutal at all.. we've had worse. And they had the best breakfast. many of the resorts are pushing activity incentives , discounts and price breaks instead of cash. Just work your best deal.

Kirkland, WA
Level Contributor
65 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: timeshare incentives

My wife and I did a presentation at Sunset Beach last year. Rule #1 that I learned, negotiate your deal at the airport and say that you'll "only tour for cash". We ended up with $400 cash and $100 at any of the Pubelo Bonito restaurants. The presentation was very low pressure and actually enjoyable. The resort is beautiful. We're heading back next month and are thinking about touring another resort....for the $$$$ and fun of it!!

Edited: 27 January 2010, 03:30
Utah
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: timeshare incentives

Do you have to put a deposit down to get the incentives?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
710 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: timeshare incentives

Hello Gippy,

I have a question. Did you have to pay a deposit at the airport for your invitation? If so, how did you get that back, or did you just loose it. How much was your invitation written for to get $400 from Sunset with a $100 credit? How did you manage to do that?

Thanks

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,613 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: timeshare incentives

After you check in at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset as you leave the desk a Person at the side desk will ask you to take the tour have breakfast and get a$200 certificate on food there and $100 Spa certificate. They ask for a $20 deposit to insure you will show up. They could match a higher deal if you made one at the airport. But then what ever deposit you left at the airport would be lost if you did not show up.