We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wow..Not Ready For The Prices

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
Level Contributor
228 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wow..Not Ready For The Prices

Just back from a nice 8 night trip to the area, but the prices are just plane out of control.

Taxis and food cost more than Hawaii...

We average a trip to some beach in MX around 3 times a year, but had not been to the Los Cabos area since 1997.

Crazy prices!

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
973 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wow..Not Ready For The Prices

Living in So. California, we are used to high prices so we aren't bothered by it anymore, I guess.

I was shocked on the prices of groceries and things the first time we went there. I guess some of us had an "idea" of mexico of old being very cheap for things...uh. Not so much, at least not any more.

There is plenty of places to eat on the cheap there though...maybe you should check out some of the "cheaper" recommendations for your next trip!

Utah
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wow..Not Ready For The Prices

Yikes! It's that spendy now????

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wow..Not Ready For The Prices

There are less expensive places if you look for them

Utah
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wow..Not Ready For The Prices

I keep reading about cheap yummy eats and we will stick to those for the most part. Does Cabo have the little taco carts? In Zihua we had the most amazing tacos for .50 each. For $4 total we were fat and happy!

Corunna, Canada
Level Contributor
459 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wow..Not Ready For The Prices

YOU'RE ON VACATION! We have gone to Cabo for 6 yrs now and DO NOT find it expensive but rather cheaper than at home...except the alcohol prices are cheaper to buy at the stores...I think in all the years traveling we only found that the years that we went AI and then still did the things we liked to do....NOW...THAT WAS EXPENSIVE!.. but now we rent a condo, buy some stuff at the local stores to cook at home for breakfast and/or dinner, eat out a lot , we can still stay at a very nice condo and spend less money than a 1 week AI...ready to leave this Friday!

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wow..Not Ready For The Prices

We live for about 10 to 15% less in Cabo than SoCal. We don't take taxis, here or in SoCal. But both places are more expensive than Texas.

Dallas
Level Contributor
228 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wow..Not Ready For The Prices

If you pay approx $180 - $250 pasos each way to town, it really does not matter if your taco cost $1.

Please do not get me wrong, it was a good trip, but the cost to vacation there were just out of touch with reality.

We stayed on the coridor for 4 nights each in 2 different hotels. Accually, extended our stay one night at the second hotel because we loved it so much.

Not bitter or cheap and I do go to Mexico alot....

No worries to the Cabo lovers!

Utah
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Wow..Not Ready For The Prices

We are not cheap by any means, we just seem to enjoy the stands/carts/local places. And a killer .50 taco? Pencil me in!!! They scream Mexico to me.

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wow..Not Ready For The Prices

Location...Location...Location...Next time stay closer to where you cabbed it to. :-)

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wow..Not Ready For The Prices

I agree that the taxi prices in Cabo are outrageous. I do not use them. I stay near town so that I can walk everywhere. And that way I'm able to find the inexpensive places to eat.