We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kidnapping and murder in Cabo?

Bay Area
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Kidnapping and murder in Cabo?

The pharmacist told my husband that she just cancelled her vacation to Cabo because her husband read about 4 people who were kidnapped out of a restaurant in Cabo San Lucas and killed.

What is the real story about that? She definitely said Cabo San Lucas.

New York
Level Contributor
838 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kidnapping and murder in Cabo?

Here we go again. Any solid, reliable source for this info?

In 2007 there were 98 murders in San Francisco, 97 in 2008 and 45 in 2009. Thats alot of murders, is your friend looking to move out of San Francisco or avoiding spending time in SF??? SF looks like a far more dangerous place then Cabo.

Los Cabos Mexico
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kidnapping and murder in Cabo?

Not true.. It is extremely safe and I think your friends made a big mistake in cancelling their plans...

Cabo John

New York
Level Contributor
838 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kidnapping and murder in Cabo?

If it is not true, forget about their friends making an ill informed decision, but it stains for no valid reason, the good name of Cabo and it's people.

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kidnapping and murder in Cabo?

This is false information. I´m in the restaurant business and news like that would have spread like wildfire through this town. I also read the local Spanish language paper daily and there has been no mention of anything like this

Your husband´s pharmacist´s husband is mistaken

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,876 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kidnapping and murder in Cabo?

Count your pills, Your pharmacist is eating a few from every customers prescription !!!!!!!!!! Thats how these wild stories start. There was a report that some people who were vacationing and left Cabo by car and were 1000 miles away from Cabo almost in california were caught in the border town violence. That was closer to Seattle than Cabo. And I would recount your pills.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kidnapping and murder in Cabo?

Wondering if they mixed up the actual location of the story.

There was a teacher from California who went to the Mexican state of Durango (not close to Cabo) to visit his wife's family, and he and 6 of his relatives were eating in a restaurant, and kidnappers came into the restaurant, kidnapped them, and unfortunately killed them and they were found on Dec. 31st/09.

Here's the CNN article:

cnn.com/2010/…index.html

Your story though may sound like the kid's game "operator" though (not to be rude). The pharmacist's husband tells her a story, she tells your husband, your husband tells you, and the details, possibly the location in this case, might have become a little scrambled. But I can definately sympothize if you had a trip booked there and someone told you a story, that you would worry naturally going to this place.

Crime is everywhere but when you have a vacation booked and you are going to a place where crime has just happened, it just makes you uneasy, no matter what the probability of reoccurance is. You have wonderfull positive vibes leading up to a trip and hearing about crime associated with your vacation spot, no matter who you are, is going to damper the spirit a little even if you relax and rationalize the probablility.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kidnapping and murder in Cabo?

Bottom line....the real story is...it didn't happen in Cabo.

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Kidnapping and murder in Cabo?

Lets just call it like it is!!!!!! There has not been 4 kidnappings and 4 murders in Cabo since it has been there. I would go back to the pharmacist and ask her where and the hell she heard that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,782 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kidnapping and murder in Cabo?

people just get their panties in a twit and don't know what they are talking about.

Utah
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Kidnapping and murder in Cabo?

I bet the pharmacist will be bummed when she learns the story is bunk- I know I would be.