We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some restaurant feedback...

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need some restaurant feedback...

Okay, I'm re-posting this on the Cabo forum since I got no replies at all in the San Jose del Cabo forum...

Hi everyone! We're heading down to the Melia Cabo Real in about 2 1/2 weeks, and I have some restaurant questions. We're planning on doing the AI at the hotel, but eating out every night for dinner, probably 2 nights in Cabo and the remaining 5-6 nights in San Jose del Cabo since we haven't been there before, and it's closer. I don't want to plan all my dinners, but would like to get a couple nights of vouchers.

I'm looking at the restaurant choices for the vouchers, and am leaning towards these restaurants in San Jose, how much in vouchers would you suggest for each restaurant for 2 people? Assume an appetizer and entree each, probably no alcohol since my boyfriend doesn't drink, and I'll have drank enough at the pool all day.

Buon Appetito – Italian

Las Marias – Mexican/Steak/Seafood

Jazmin's – San Jose Del Cabo – Mexican

What are your thoughts on these restaurants? Would you do El Chilar instead of Jazmin's? I thought about getting $75 in vouchers for each place, does that sound right?

Thanks in advance

Jean

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,425 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some restaurant feedback...

With no drinks that would work. Just remember that you can return any Vouchers you buy. And if you ask for $75 at each place you will get a mix of 20s and 10s and 5s. You get no change back. If your bill is 62 dollars you are better off to pay 60 in vouchers and two in cash. You can return all unused vouchers. So if you wanted a bit more. No problem.

They also send you a couple of magazines about the cabo area at no charge. It only took 4 days for me to get my vouchers from San Diego and I live in NY.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some restaurant feedback...

Thanks Rocky

JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some restaurant feedback...

I would go to El Chilar instead of Jazmin's. It is a great little boutique restaurant. The menu changes each month. The chef is great!

Also in San Jose is the restaurant Damianas. It is VERY good. You can sit inside or outside in the courtyard. MANY years ago, this place was featured in Sunset magazine. Their carne asada is excellent as is their fish and combination Mexican plate.

West Fargo N.D.
Level Contributor
212 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some restaurant feedback...

Can someone tell me about these vouchers? Thanks

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,535 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some restaurant feedback...

lang ~ here is the link: http://www.loscabosguide.com/discount.htm You buy discounted vouchers from Los Cabos Guide for particular businesses and spend them like cash. It's an advertising "trade" between LCG and the businesses; all the folks who use the vouchers get a great deal.

Put "vouchers" in the Search In bar above to read dozens of threads about the topic (if you have an hour to spend reading!)

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
5,584 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need some restaurant feedback...

You also may want to try Apolstolis in San Jose, it's in the voucher program

We had lunch there about a week ago and it was really good. It's Greek food.

7. Re: Need some restaurant feedback...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2010, 06:16