We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale excursion

Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Whale excursion

We are going to be down in LC march 6-13. what is the best company to go with to see whales. Prefer a boat with not to many people on it.

TILBURY
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale excursion

I have just returned from Cabo. We did a timeshare presentation and we were given tickets for the Bucaneer Queen. It is a pirate ship, large and there was about 20 of us. It was good that it was big because we were in the pacific for part of the tour and the waters were a bit choppy. They also give you drinks and light brakfast. The fellow who is the commentator is really good also.

I highly recommend them.

Los Cabos Mexico
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale excursion

http://www.cabowaterlimos.com/ Highly reccommend

Cabo John

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale excursion

We just returned from Cabo and went out on a whate watching trip while we were there. We went with Cabo Expeditons. They take you out in these Zodiac boats which are small and fast. We would see a whale come up and then the boat would quickly zip over to the spot. We got very close to the whales! It was exciting. We saw many whales while we were out there. Advantages to this tour: boat was fast and small and was able to zip out to the whales quickly. And, ehe tour was only two hours long, which was what we were looking for. Disadvantages: The ride was very bumpy so not good for those with weak stomachs or bad backs. (And definitely NOT for anyone who is pregnant.) While out whale watching, our boat stopped to pick up a very large piece of plastic floating along the top of the water. I liked that they lived up to their advertisement of being environmentally conscience by stopping to get that potentially harmful bag. Also, while on our trip, I saw a boat called "Ocean Rider" go by. This boat was small and fast also, but had actual seats to sit against, much better on the back whereas on the Cabo Expedition boat we mostly sat on the edge of the boat's soft side. I can't say from experience how the Ocean Rider trip was, since we didn't take it, but I did make note of the boat.

Chicago 'burbs
Level Contributor
53 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale excursion

We were in Cabo 2/17-2/24 and did the Ocean Riders excursion. Their Zodiac-like boat holds about 16 people and is comfortable (they do have seats) although if you have bad knees/hips/back or are very obese, straddling (sp?) over the seats may be difficult. We saw a lot of whales but then towards the end of the trip they take you on their "adventure" which is a fast ride away from shore about 10 minutes then back again. Kind of a waste in my opinion, I would rather have kept looking for whales which I thought we were out there for but as my husband pointed ut, they bill their trip as an "adventure" so I guess they feel they need to do this??

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
746 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whale excursion

we also just did the Cabo Expeditions and mirror eveything from the earlier post. They were great. Worth every penny. Our captain was Miguel and he explained everything and took pictures for us. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Cabo.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Whale excursion

jmeitz,

You will really enjoy the whale excursion. I would run with cabowaterlimos.com

G- Day Mate

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
278 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whale excursion

We too used Geoff at cabowaterlimos.com this past week, private tour, expensive but we liked not having lots of people around, more intimate. He did a great job tracking and finding whales, getting close without being on top of them which I personally think is somewhat cruel.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whale excursion

we did Cabo Expeditions today and loved it. I bet we saw 20+ whales today. got over 200 photos. Both Hump and Sperm whale. Most where traveling in packs of 5-7 and we saw about 4 groups and two humpback whales. Good time, the group before us only saw 4 whales total.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,605 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whale excursion

Check the Voucher section at www.loscabosguide.com for discounts. You might find some good prices here in the discount section.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
746 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Whale excursion

Just wanted to add- with Cabo Expeditions they do not chase them down or get to close either- it was nice because it seems a lot of them do- also- it is zodiac boat so they can manuver easy and it is not to many people- we had 10.