We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Los Cabo or ME by Melia or something else.

New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hilton Los Cabo or ME by Melia or something else.

I have spent the last 72 hours reading pretty much every relevant post on this website, but as confused as ever.

This is my first time coming to Cabo.

Were coming March 13-17th so spring break time.

We're 26 years old, so while we like to party, we don't necessarily want to witness puking teenagers. We'd also like to relax in a peaceful setting for a bit.

I was set on the Hilton, until I realized, being a foodie, that most of the good restaurants are in town far away.

Also, I would like to go out into town at night atleast twice.

I want to stay at a nice place, with a nice room, good service where I feel I'm being taken care of and on a vacation.

Now, I hate paying for taxis. We are fairly adventurous, will the bus service be fine for us? Does the Hilton run its own shuttle? Is that free?

Lastly given our age, would we be better off at the Me by Melia or another place in CSL comparable to the Hilton in terms of price/amenities that would be better suited without a crazy spring break scene.

Thanks in advance

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Los Cabo or ME by Melia or something else.

Its sounds like you would definitely be happier staying near or in town. Im sure the Hilton is very upscale and beautiful but I just wouldn't want to stay that far out of town (need to be in crawling distance :) If you like the party atmosphere but in a nice setting,you will enjoy the ME. It will be a little busy all over town and the beach during that prime time spring break week but not crazy "mtv spring break" just busy. You can get a really good deal on the ME right now.... this website has the ME at 35%Off:

http://www.loscabosguide.com/discount.htm

These vouchers are completely legit and many of us here on TA use them for restaurant discounts. You might also look at renting a timeshare week at the ME - www.redweek.com has a week at the ME right now for $895 for the whole week....thats an excellent deal! Let us know if you need more info. Hope that helps!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
196 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Los Cabo or ME by Melia or something else.

The ME....for sure! We stayed 3 nights there last week, and then 3 nights at the Riu Palace. Wish we would have stayed at The Me the entire time. If you're in your 20s, the ME is the place to be. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. And, you can get vouchers for 35% off, which we took full advantage of.

Have a great trip!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,187 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Los Cabo or ME by Melia or something else.

With what you are looking for the ME just gives you more options. Like the other posters I think the ME on Medano Beach is a better fit.

New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Los Cabo or ME by Melia or something else.

Thanks for the input guys... unfortunately the ME is now sold out for my dates :(

any other suggestions?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Los Cabo or ME by Melia or something else.

Try getting on redweek and contacting the owner that is listing that week (March 13-20) as available

http://www.redweek.com/posting/R422112

Yes, you do have to pay a fee to be a redweek member but the savings you get to get a week for cheap is well worth it!! Or there will be other places you can get for cheap. You might also check craigslist.com (west coast cities) under vacation rentals. There is always a good deal to be found!

California
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Los Cabo or ME by Melia or something else.

abaaz, when we were staying at PB Sunset Beach or PB Blanco my twenty-somethings hung out at ME (while not staying there). They thought it was the place to be. That said, you might not get much of the "peace" you articulated.

Have you considered Villa La Estancia which is a tad bit north, on Medano Beach, of ME, and walkable to town , beach bars and to also be at ME? It is ranked highly.

I'd also consider PB Pacifica with it's free hourly shuttle to sister resort. It is one of the most favored on TA and spectacularly gorgeous.

And, you'd have option of using pools (4 amazing pool complexes) and such at PB Sunset Beach, next door ,and use of their restaurants.

New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Los Cabo or ME by Melia or something else.

Thanks for the advice guys. Im looking into this timeshare thing for the Me by Melia, but dont know much about timeshares or how they work. Is this someone's private residence? Will I have room service and everyhting else that guests at the hotel have access to? Will I be allowed to use the facilities and pool? Are there any differences between staying at the ME by Melia or Cabos San Lucas Beach and Tennis Club? Is the quality and cleanliness of decor, furniture etc the same?

I just dont want the wife nagging me for chintzing out so would appreciate some feedback. Otherwise the Timeshare is les than 50% the price of the resort itself, sounds too good to be true.

8. Re: Hilton Los Cabo or ME by Melia or something else.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2010, 05:21